Imac monitor screen turn off when playing XBMC
hi XBMC expert,

Any of you experience when playing xbmc video, the imac screen was turn off due to the "display sleep" setting under energy saver? this is not happening when i play a video using other software like vlc, etc.
which osx version
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Osx mavericks 10.9.5
Post a debug log (wiki) please.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Ok i have tested this. I have set my display sleep time to 1 minute and entered XBMC/Kodi.

As long as you run XBMC/Kodi in fullscreen mode it will hold the no display sleep assertion (you can test this on the terminal by doing the following):

pmset -g assertions

which will show something like:

pid 24024(Kodi): [0x000000050000026b] 00:01:27 NoDisplaySleepAssertion named: "XBMC requested disable system screen saver"

When you run XBMC/Kodi in windowed mode it is like any other window - it won't prevent the powermanagement from letting your monitor sleep. I have tested this (correct) behavior on 10.9.5 and it works as programmed. Sounds like you are running it in windowed mode then?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Imac monitor screen turn off when playing XBMC0