Linux Updating?
Hi all after some initial problems getting things running on my nuc i have a new problem.
Installed xbmcubuntu and worked fine after a new usb stick helpe to resolve my other problem.
It is now running gotham version and i wanted to update it to kodi but so for no luck.
Itried to update it thruogh ssh as in the wiki but is see in the terminal that it is alraedy the latest version but as far i can tell still on gotham release?
Anyone know how i can chechk this exactly and how to update for real then to kodi?
Thanx for the help.
For kodi you need to change ppas to a nightly ppa, (its called an upgrade) you need to figure it out how from the information currently on wiki. If you cant let me know and Ill hook you up with more details.
(2014-10-11, 18:31)uNiversal Wrote: For kodi you need to change ppas to a nightly ppa, (its called an upgrade) you need to figure it out how from the information currently on wiki. If you cant let me know and Ill hook you up with more details.

Well i tried thruogh ssh terminal but still on gotham,so if you please guide me a little more would be great!
1. Did you add the unstable PPA as described?

2. Did you do a sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade? Were you offered a new version and did you accept?

3. Have you restarted XBMC/Kodi?

4. What does it say if you go to System -> System Info? There's a version number and compilation date there.

Also, post the output from sudo apt-cache policy xbmc, please - that'll confirm a lot if all else fails.
Will do that asap the found it and is looking a movie now.
Btw do you maybe can help me tog netflixbmc running as well?
for kodi, you need the nightly ppa till we release beta1
Ok is it really important then to update to nightly's?
or can i just keep running gotham untill its released for xbmcbuntu?
As for my other question it seems that a lot of people have netflix running on xbmcbuntu but with me it don't want to show any image.
I can't help with Netflix, but no, it's not essential to upgrade to Helix/Kodi - unless there's some feature you have to have *now*, you can easily stay on Gotham.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating?0