Pull request: remove dependency on weather.wunderground in Confluence skin
Hi,

I am currently developing a new weather addon based on the properties that weather.wunderground uses internally, as it is one of the most advanced weather addons so far.During testing, I found that I couldn't display all the weather information I provided using the default Confluence skin. This is becausse the skin has a strong dependency (hardcoded) on the weather.wunderground addon.

A few other weather addons do provide the same "standard" tags as Weather Underground do, for example "36Hour.IsFetched". They work perfectly fine is other skins, for example Ace, MQ5, and Nox.

The following pull request is to convert the visibility conditions in the skin from "StringCompare(Weather.Plugin,weather.wunderground)" to the proper equivalent property provided by the weather addon :

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5489

I tested with 2 different weather addons (including mine, in development) and it works great:
  • Weather Underground still provides all extra properties
  • Yahoo Weather only display the current weather (as before)

Implementation notes:
  • For control groups, I used the "Today.IsFetched" property to display the proper group depending on the loaded plugin. Another way could have been to explicitly test all options (Daily.IsFetched, 36Hour.IsFetched, ...)
  • I fixed the description on the button 306 (Map and Alerts, bad copy paste from the above button)
  • The maps and alerts visibility is a special case, as it combines 2 properties : Alerts.IsFetched and Map.IsFetched

Cheers!
That PR been merges in mainline so now Im gonna test it with default weather.wunderground addon, Ill give some feedback once Im done. It better work Big Grin
that worked for exactly 48 hours after your PR, Smile so when I last posted reply above all was well with this PR merged.

However weather.underground addon is broken now for at least 24 hours, its been marked as broken https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/weather.w...79f45a040d

So your addon, I hope it uses those nice icons and supports conditional fanart like the old one. Smile

Let me know if you need testing as from now looking for a replacement and the current alternatives are well rather use none.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pull request: remove dependency on weather.wunderground in Confluence skin0