strange performance issues
Ok so here's something really strange.
(I did attempt to search the forums and didn't find anything related. But if I didn't look hard enough and missed it, please point me to the correct thread(s)...)

My primary use for is with IceFilms - to catch up on some shows/movies... So, I installed XBMC (Gotham) on laptop (windows 8) and my android phone.

So, here's my navigation/issue:
- Video Addons > IceFilms > TV Shows > A-Z Directories
Choosing any letter, it shows 'Working...' on the bottom - then finally it loads after 3-5 minutes (most of the time -- sometimes MUCH longer or it fails).
Slow again pulling up episode list (for tv shows) and for sources (tv shows & movies).

I thought it may be firewall settings - but same laptop (same AV/Firewall) is working find on my work network. Then I thought it's possibly the router or AP - but my phone is connected to the same AP/WiFi and it has no issues.
The same is with my thoughts on the ISP (work = FiOS, home = cable) - but phone works fine, laptop's the only issue.

The second issue I'm having was 'Download Meta Containers May 2013' when launching Icefilms. It downloads fine, but the script fails to install. Same when running xbmc as admin.
When it works (work network - and on phone), it works fine so normally i just click 'Remind me later' from the laptop and move on. Any thoughts on this also??
Icefilms is a banned subject here. Please go to wherever you got that addon from, it wasn't from xbmc.org
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
strange performance issues0