Cache problems
Hi Forum !

I have been using XBMC for at long time now, and when im streaming over LAN i dont have any problems, but if my sister is streaming from me (She got FIBER 50/50) XBMC can run fine for 1 month or more and suddenly it will start to write CACHE full and it end up buffering when you watching a movie.

I got a 60/40 internet connection so that should be the problem (and no the connection aint in use when she is streaming)

Her Setup is a asrock ION 330 (like myself) the only different is she is streaming over WAN and im over LAN.

Whats the problem here ? anyone know ?
We'd need a debug log (wiki) from her XBMC.
Temp solution without a debug log:
Use this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode> <!-- Comment: Default is 1 -->
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize> <!-- Comment: Default is 20971520 bytes or 20 MB -->
<readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor> <!-- Comment: Default is 1.0 -->
</network>
</advancedsettings>

Save it as advancedsettings.xml and place it in C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata and this should allow the XBMC to cache more of the video file without buffering. It will use more RAM however, so if you have a low spec computer it might not be a good option.

buffermode

Works on XBMC 13 Gotham and above. The buffermode sets what videos XBMC will cache. The default is 0, which will cache all videos from the internet (http, FTP, WebDAV, etc.). Listed below are other options:

1 – Buffer all videos, including local videos
2 – Buffer only true internet streams (http, strm, etc.)
3 – No buffer

cachemembuffersize

By default XBMC allocates 20 MB for cache (note that in reality this is require 3 times more free RAM, 60 MB in this case). If you choose to cache videos, then increasing the available cache memory may help.

readbufferfactor

Works on XBMC 13 Gotham and above. The default value is 1.0, which will make XBMC cache a little above what is needed to play it back. This setting affects how much of your network bandwidth is hogged to cache the video. In most cases setting it at 4.0 should not cause any issues. However, if you notice any spikes in CPU usage or network bandwidth unavailability for other devices then reduce the readbufferfactor.

Post has been edited.

Code:
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize> <!-- Comment: Default is 20971520 bytes or 20 MB -->

this should be: 41943040 effectively double
(2014-10-13, 21:33)k4sh1n Wrote: Temp solution without a debug log:
Use this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode> <!-- Comment: Default is 1 -->
<readbufferfactor>4.0</readbufferfactor> <!-- Comment: Default is 1.0 -->
</network>
</advancedsettings>

Save it as advancedsettings.xml and place it in C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata and this should allow the XBMC to cache more of the video file without buffering. It will use more RAM however, so if you have a low spec computer it might not be a good option.
The code posted will not use more RAM for cache...it will actually use zero RAM and will write cache in the storage.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cache problems0