Art missing from artist list - default image
Greetings,

I'm having some issues with the music library portion of Kodi. Specifically, when going through artists only a few show a piece of album art for that artist. The rest on the other hand do not. Most of my albums feature artwork whether it's embedded or as a "folder.jpg". Does there need to be a certain format or name to get these to display properly so I have some artwork associated with the artists? Thank you.
Anyone have an idea on this one?
Make sure we are talking about the same things -- during a music scan, if song files in a folder are tagged with the same album name, scanner will look for folder.jpg in that folder and assign it as the "thumb" for that album (filename settable in advancedsettings.xml).

Separately, the scanner will look for a common album artist tag in the song files and use that to assign the album artist. It will then look in the parent folder (to the one containing the song files) for the files folder.jpg and fanart.jpg and if found assign these as the artist "thumb" and artist "fanart".

Also, the scrapers and local album.nfo (in the song file folder) or artist.nfo (in the parent folder) can be used to find online art for those 3 art files.

The library view selected will determine if the album thumb, artist thumb, and/or artist fanart image is displayed. The art is first cached in the user's thumbnail folder.

Music library artist thumb and fanart can also be displayed in certain music video library views. Album thumb is not available in music video library views (don't know why not but that's the way it is).

scott s.
Sorry for the thread revival, when I created the thread I was moving and didn't have time to really do testing till recently.

Here's the issue being described better:

NVM, issue seems to be solved doing a full artist info query.

One quick question, on a full query - if an artist has the same name as another and it pulls the wrong one, is there any way to reset it for that artist alone?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Art missing from artist list - default image0