having trouble with addons installing
been running xbmc for ~3 years now, started on windows7, now running in ubuntu 14.04 for about 3 weeks
it's always worked well enough that I've never needed to post Smile

Today I've run into an issue with a couple addons I just cant get to install.

first tried installing through get addons, they'd get somewhere between 60 - 96 % and hang
then downloaded the files manually, and tried installing from 'install from zip'

so kicked it into debug mode, and here's the snipet of the log that I believe is causing me issues.

18:02:05 T:139738590865152 DEBUG: CurlFile::Open(0x7f17500395c0) http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/frodo/plu...-2.0.9.zip
18:02:15 T:139738590865152 ERROR: SQL: Abort due to constraint violation
Query: insert into package(id, addonID, filename, hash)values(NULL, 'plugin.video.trailer.addict', 'special://home/addons/packages/plugin.video.trailer.addict-2.0.9.zip', '1EC3FD5768E5F69FE825831F5A4A9A2C')
18:02:15 T:139738590865152 ERROR: ExecuteQuery - failed to execute query 'insert into package(id, addonID, filename, hash)values(NULL, 'plugin.video.trailer.addict', 'special://home/addons/packages/plugin.video.trailer.addict-2.0.9.zip', '1EC3FD5768E5F69FE825831F5A4A9A2C')'
18:02:15 T:139738590865152 DEBUG: GetZipList - Processing zip://special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fpackages%2fplugin.video.trailer.addict-2.0.9.

I understand the error, and know sql well enough I could probably write the query to fix it (seems like it thinks it's already installed)
just don't know what database to get into and passwords Smile

any help is appreciated
thanks
Why are you trying to install a frodo addon? Frodo is not supported anymore and the addon seems not to be available for further versions.

Which XBMC/Kodi version are you running? Maybe the addon is incompatible with your XBMC version.

Maybe you get an answer be reading this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53821&page=7

If this is the addon you´re talking about.

Greetings
Check disk access and also delete addons**.db from your userdata and restart xbmc
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-10-12, 09:15)David1977 Wrote: Why are you trying to install a frodo addon? Frodo is not supported anymore and the addon seems not to be available for further versions.

I'm running 13.2, and this is in frodo, because a lot of the addons that work on gotham, still come from the frodo repository.

I'm having that problem with several add-ons, so this is not specific to the one add-on

Martijn, I assume I'll have to reinstall my pvr add-on after deleting the db files, but not a big deal. Will give it a shot and get back to you
Our server is down for the day so you can't actually install anything for now
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
figures. I try to load today, and the repository is down.
watch xbmc.org to see when it is solved (tuesday earliest).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
having trouble with addons installing0