Win How to add anime as TV Show?
Non of the Anime addons work, so is there a manual way ?
Anime addons? Add to show?

What are you trying to achieve? If you have your own files (local or on a network storage) you have to add a path as a source and set it up as a "TV-Show". Then XBMC/Kodi will look for new content in this path and add those TV-Shows to your library and does the scraping for you (if the naming is in the correct way).

If you are talking about streaming websites.....those are never add to your library because they were online and not your own files.
I'm talking about a Files in my Hard Drive
I add movies to XBMC so i know how it work, but when i try it with anime, it never work, I don't know why !
Check out this page about anime and XBMC's video library: anime (wiki)
I think i solve it (sametimes)
1. the folder need to be the right name or it will never work
2. the file need to be the right name or it will never work
3. the file need to be the have EP01-EP## or it will never work
4. Same times you get other shows and same times it never work, the app have mind of it own
Why it think (Golden Time) is (Kingdom) Big Grin
For those with problems with anime and Kodi (xbmc) please try the following.

I use anidb scraper with these settings, so please be aware of that.

Use this in your advancedsettings.xml
Quote:<advancedsettings>
<tvshowmatching action="prepend">
<regexp>[[/\._ \-]()([0-9]+)(-[0-9]+)?</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>
^ this will tell Kodi to search for an absolute order numbering structure first (common for anime, such as naruto 1.mkv through naruto 12222222.mkv)

As for folder naming problems there are alot, and I hate going through and manually search and such so I added an tvshow.nfo file in each anime folder.

create a .txt file, name it tvshow.nfo (yes rename the extension) and edit it with notepad, put this in.
Quote:aid=####
Replace the #### with the anidb id number (can be found to right of Main title on anidb.net "Naruto (a239)" 239 is the aid number.

^this above means Kodi does not need to search for what anime it is, making updates super quick and never needed your input, and always correct.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add anime as TV Show?0