Linux Logout of XBMCbuntu desktop session slow, 100% CPU
I set up XBMCbuntu for the first time on a new HTPC (AMD AM1, 4 GB RAM, Samsung SSD)

It boots into XBMC ok. I can exit out of XBMC fine and log into the XBMCbuntu session. (Not sure what the nomenclature is - I click on the wrench tool in the upper right and switch to XBMCbuntu)

The problem is when I try to exit XBMCbuntu to go back to XBMC. I select either Logout from the lower left Start menu or the Power icon on the lower right. This causes my HTPC to freeze up for 80-120 seconds. From a separate SSH session, I see that the Xorg process is at 100% CPU. Eventually the HTPC recovers from whatever the XOrg process is doing, and brings up the Logout menu where I can select Shutdown, Reboot, etc.

In troubleshooting, I have noticed that I can kill the lxsession process remotely and that brings up the login box immediately.

Any ideas to fix this freezing? My purpose in running XBMCbuntu instead of OpenELEC was to be able to run a browser to watch some free web based stuff like Comedy Central. Most of the time I will be in XBMC and not the desktop.
Some more data, if I switch to a terminal session and back to the deskcopy (Ctrl-Alt-F1 then Ctrl-Alt-F7), the background image is messed up (blocky), but XOrg process goes back to < 1% CPU and the Logout menu is displayed ok. So maybe this is something weird with the default video drivers and X.org.
Leaving this for anybody with a similar problem:

I ended up switching to Windows due to this and some other problems. (Couldn't get Flash video going with some web sites, the XBMC/XBMCbuntu checkboxes are impossible to see across the living room, etc) Trying to move one of my other OpenELEC boxes to XBMCbuntu to see how well that works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logout of XBMCbuntu desktop session slow, 100% CPU0