Linux Continue last channel on startup does not work
Hi there

yesterday i switched from OE 4.2 to OE master snapshot build and so far it's working great except one little thing.

I want xbmc to resume the Last TV channel after boot, so i set xbmc start window to TV and in live TV Settings resume last channel in foreground.
In OE4.2 it worked fine, but in Helix i get VDR VNSI Client ERROR: Channel locked (recording)! notification.
If i manually select a channel from the channel list, it plays the tv-channel instantly.

i tried with different tv tuner, with xvdr and vnsi. I guess there is some sort of timing issue. maybe xbmc want to start the tv channel too early?
i already tried to enable 'Wait for frontend initialization' in vdr settings but it does not change anything.

Does anyone( Fernetmenta Smile ) know how to fix this?

cya
please post syslog with vdr loglevel set to 3
journalctl: http://pastebin.com/eJN4rG8s
xbmc.log: http://sebsauvage.net/paste/?ea36c3bcc82...yKLqXJ9nOs= ( too much data for pastebin )
if XBMC tried to continue last channel, we would see PVRManager - ContinueLastChannel - continue playback on channel in xbmc log but it is not there.

where in the log do you see
VNSI PVR Client ERROR: Channel locked (recording)!

I can only find
Oct 13 09:32:14 NUC vdr[734]: [734] ERROR: Channel locked (recording)!

which is no vnsi message and should not be there at all unless you use some other vdr plugins as well which try to tune to some channel
I mean this notification popup: Image

This picture is shot directly after boot.
If i now press ok, it it playing the selected channel.

There is no other VDR Client in my network, and as far as i remember, that ERROR: Channel locked (recording)! in syslog was also there in OE 4.2. But it was no problem for VNSI to stream the channel.( Maybe VNSI tried a few times in older version and now stops when Chennel Locked message is there? )
ok, the popup is the vdr status interface. it displays messaged from vdr, also those not related to vnsi. I am sure you have some other plugin in vdr responsible for this. what plugins do you load?

vnsi does not try a single time to tune a channel. if it did the message I posted above would be in xbmc log. vnsi is not instructed to do so.
you have streamdev, live, control, wirbelscan, ...

I bet if you disable those the message will be gone. though it would not solve your issue which is most likely located in pvr part of xbmc.
ps -e |grep vdr
731 root 0:21 vdr.bin -g /tmp --no-kbd --log=3 --port=0 --config=/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/config --resdir=/storage/.xbmc/addons/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/res --cachedir=/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/cache --lib=/storage/.xbmc/addons/service.multimedia.vdr-addon/plugin --video=/storage/recordings -P dvbapi -P wirbelscan -P wirbelscancontrol -P streamdev-server -P live -i 0.0.0.0 -p 8008 -P control -p 2002 -P vnsiserver
Quote:I bet if you disable those the message will be gone. though it would not solve your issue which is most likely located in pvr part of xbmc.
when i disable streamdev, the Channel Locked is gone, but as you already mentioned Tv still does not start

Quote:PVRManager - ContinueLastChannel - continue playback on channel

can you confirm this feature is working on helix at the moment?

maybe there is an xbmc pvr manager issue?
tried and works here. did you try resetting pvr database?
Quote:did you try resetting pvr database?

yes ;( does not work

well... i can live with that. it's not that important Wink
nevertheless it's a feature which does not work, hence a bug. mind filing a bug on trac against pvr?
oh i see there is an open ticket http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15397

seems to be the same problem.
its actually under settings, INTERFACE, startup, perform on startup, play tv
(2019-01-13, 15:47)abandannadan Wrote: its actually under settings, INTERFACE, startup, perform on startup, play tv
Unreasonable decision to move this setting out from TV.
(2019-02-17, 22:24)knedlyk Wrote:
(2019-01-13, 15:47)abandannadan Wrote: its actually under settings, INTERFACE, startup, perform on startup, play tv
Unreasonable decision to move this setting out from TV.

I have a different opinion on that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Continue last channel on startup does not work0