Solved Flickering screen with XBMC 13.2 Gotham
Question 
Hi all,

After experiencing performance issues on my XBMC 12.something installation on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian, I recently upgraded to v13.2.
To keep things clean, I removed the old profile to start anew. I knew I had changed things here and there in the configuration to get the most of my Pi, so I wanted a fresh start to benefit from any performance tuning that might have happened.

XBMC starts fine. I get the home screen for Confluence and navigation is a breeze. However, as soon as I enter a sub-menu (music files, system settings... anything, apparently), the UI starts to flicker.
For example, if I access the settings, the settings screen is displayed but sort of grows and shrinks continuously by a few pixels, with opacity varying as well. I cannot navigate in the left-hand menu: I think XBMC registers the input but the UI keeps on flickering without updating the chosen option.
Alternatively, XBMC won't open the settings but just fade out the menu and leave me there.
I can, however, press "back" and eventually (after 10-30 seconds) return to the main menu, where everything works again.

I tried changing the dirty regions algorithm to 0 and with vsync on and off, but to no avail.

Here is my log file with debug enabled. I started XBMC, accessed the settings, and exited (with service xbmc stop, since the menu to exit fails as well)
http://pastebin.com/t79kf6vm

Any idea of what could go wrong and what I could try?

Thanks
Not enought gpu_mem here:
Code:
16:16:17 T:3034783744  NOTICE: ARM mem: 448MB GPU mem: 64MB MPG2:0 WVC1:0

Set to at least gpu_mem=128.

It may be worth trying a custom xbmc distribution (e.g. openelec).
Well that worked instantly (although the timeliness of my answer leaves a lot to be desired).

The upgraded GPU memory solved the issue, and I had nothing else to do to get XBMC fully working.

Thanks a lot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Flickering screen with XBMC 13.2 Gotham0