OS X Sound issue, not sure if it’s Kodi, Bose or apple mini
Hi,

Today for the first time I set up a Mac mini with Kodi 14.0 “Helix” alpha 4. With a computer monitor attached everything works including sound. When I move this set up to the living room and set in up with the TV there is no sound.

Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem

From the Mac Mini to my Bose receiver I am running a TOSLINK to Mini-TOSLINK Digital Audio Optical Cable (1.5M-Length). When I minimise Kodi the speaker icon is greyed out in the top right corner of the desktop. If I unplug the Digital Audio cable the internal speaker does work. With the cable again plugged into the Mini, if I unplug it from the Bose the cable does have a glow to light coming from it.
Any thoughts or additional information required?

TIA

OSX Version Snow Leopard 10.6.8
Platform Mac Mini 2006, A1176
System hardware specs: upgraded to firmware 2.1, 4 GB memory, SSD
Install Method: dmg

SVN Revision XBMC 14.0-Alpha4 Git:2014-10-02-d24ee9-dirty (compiled: Oct 2 2014)

I am currently waiting for my activation link from pastebin, I wil edit post once I have posted log at pastebin
Activation link? Never heared of that tbh. Normally you should be able to paste to pastebin.com for free without registration. Well nevertheless you are right that i need a debug log (wiki) to help Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound issue, not sure if it’s Kodi, Bose or apple mini0