How to show genre folders in library?
Hello,
I´ve been trying to find a solution for a couple of weeks now, but havent found anything, and it´s starting to bug me.
I have my movies folders set up as following:

Action
--Movie folders
Animated
-- Movie folders
Children, swedish
-- Movie folders
Documentary
-- Movie folders
etc.

When I go into the library I get a huge chunk of everything, which is as it´s supposed to be, I guess.
But I know in Frodo I could go into Movies, see the top genre folders, open the genre I wanted, and it would present me with a library view, but only with those movies present in the folder.
As it is now, since I have a young daughter that cant speak english, I have several duplicates of movies (english and dubbed to swedish), and everytime I want to play a movie for her I dont know which one to play (50% chance to pick the right one, 100% of the time I choose the wrong one..).

Someone said I could go to Videos - Files, and I would see the genre folders.
But there are no options to change the view setting, and there is no cover art, or other info provided about the movies in there (could be the skin I´m using? Using Neon).

Is there something I´m missing, or is this not featured in Gotham?
Alternately you can use smart playlist and define the rules as required for a specific genre and audio language/specific folder location of movies your daughter watches.

Smart playlist

I know that with Aeon Nox skin, that the genres are listed on the main menu of each by pressing down from movies and tv shows and you can change the view to make it more visually appealing (artwork/covers/info etc)

Aeon Nox sub-forum

Try the smart playlist and if that doesn't help you can maybe swap to another skin
You can add tags Video_library_tags (wiki) and tags can be used in the smart playlists. Heck theres probably many ways to do this, profiles also being one of them.
I tried the smart playlist, and it did work.
However I cannot find an option to add it to a "show all playlists" option in the main menu, the closest I got was to add each playlist as a seperate menu option, but since I am stuck with a maximum of 5 playlists and I have 9 folders smart playlists is not for me.

I tried the Aeon Nox skin, and when I choose Movies it shows the folders by default. It just seems strange that it is the only skin that can do it like I want it to.
Well, I guess I´m stuck with that skin then. Thanks.
I'm a little unclear on how you want this setup. Do you want two options on the main menu, one for english and one for swedish, and then have each option show each genre option also on the main menu (as a submenu), or just have the button that is on the main menu bring you to the english or swedish specific genres?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to show genre folders in library?0