Random silent MP3s?
I have a weird issue that's only started happening recently. Unfortunately I can't pinpoint exactly what I changed at the time this problem arose, however hopefully someone else out there has had the same issue.

When I'm playing an album or artist (ie a lot of MP3s in a row), randomly, one mp3 track will just be completely silent.
  • If I skip back a track, that track plays fine. If I skip forward, that track plays fine. If I skip back to the track that didn't play, it's still silent.
  • If I go out of the album/artist and play that track by itself, it plays fine.
  • The track(s) that are silent are always random.

Anyone have any ideas? I can guarantee my setup is fine, it's not my amp or anything, as I've had this problem with audio coming out both via the digital output and the analogue output - happens both ways.

I never have this problem with video files / live TV etc.
SPMC 16.4 - nVidia Shield TV
please grab a Debug Log after you reproduced your issue, paste it on a pastebin site and provide the link.
Apologies it's taken a while. Here we go:

http://pastebin.com/PxfCJQ16

I was playing an album at around 9pm (21:00) and at around 21:10, it started playing a silent mp3. I then skipped forward, it played the next track fine, and then I skipped back, and it played the 'silent' track fine. This is slightly different to what I said above - however what I said above has also happened.

Thanks!
bump.. Smile
Are you sure, that you try to play back a mp3 file? I can´t find anything by searching "mp3" in this logifle.

And you didn´t enable debug logging. And you cut your logifle Wink. So please create a new logfile with debug logging enabled (that is explained in the link I posted) and please don´t ever cut your logfile. Always paste the full log.
Apologies for the delay, it's taken some time to be in the same situation again. OK have uploaded COMPLETE log file. Sorry Wink

If you look around 13:20 on the 16/11/2014 you'll see the track "Kimbra - 90's Music" was played. that one was silent. The tracks either side were fine.

Sorry, I had to host the log on drive - pastebin wouldn't let me upload 8mb of text!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ajbAz...sp=sharing
use

http://xbmclogs.com/

for bigger logs
Unfortunately I can't - it says "Your paste contains a phrase that has been censored" - could you just look at the log file I shared on google drive?
bump? Big Grin
You could also decrease your logifle by not making a 24 hour logfile. Your logfile starts at 18:17´o clock on day 1 and it stops at 18:19´o clock on day 2. So it´s clear, that this logfile is very huge.

I would recommend to reboot your device, try to reproduce your issue as fast as you can and then directly grab the log.

The devs maybe won´t download a file. So I would take care to paste it on a pastebin site.

I looked at it, but I cant see any difference between the song, which was silent and the ones which played fine

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random silent MP3s?0