yours truly simple-man
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-04-22, 20:23)pecinko Wrote: ** 3.2.6 **

Improved blue glow menu highlight and mouse support on home screen
Added fanart view for episodes, files and music
Reverted buffer bar changes

Please report if I managed to fix blue glow on home screen.

Pecinko, how often, or when will you update the main XBMC repository with these updates? The master XBMC repository still has 3.2.2 I believe.

Just curious. Love the skin!
MacBook Pro 13", XBMC v12.1
AppleTV, OpenELEC v3.0.1
AppleTV2, Latest iOS
AppleTV3, Latest iOS
(2012-04-22, 23:24)pecinko Wrote: And what do big boys use? More colorful ones? Wink

yours truly simple-man

lol it wasn't meant as an insult Smile

it's just very clean.

Actually just some slightly variations, like blue/grey/red on the button glows would probably do it.

Basically so I can figure out which profile I'm looking at.

It's great though, you really have my appreciation.
(2012-04-22, 20:23)pecinko Wrote: ** 3.2.6 **

Improved blue glow menu highlight and mouse support on home screen
Added fanart view for episodes, files and music
Reverted buffer bar changes

Please report if I managed to fix blue glow on home screen.

Hello, it fixed the blue glow problem I already mentioned a few posts earlier on ATV2 Eden 11, now works perfectly! Wink

Since you added fanart view for music, would it be possible to have "Fanart 2" view also for it so it can display artist informations with fanart and artist thumbs? I find this view to be very elegant and practical.
Also, I think it has already been suggested once, but could it be possible to add numbers ratings next to the movie title in "Fanart 2"?
Thanks!
Is it possible to make the bottom black bar more transparent on fanart 2 so the fanart will show through a little more?. If it's just a change of the config files I can probably handle that. Just need to know where to look and what to change
(2012-04-22, 21:24)bigbadrabbit Wrote: Thanks for the update! Fanart-views are looking great for file mode!

Glad to hear!
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Hi Pecinko,

by Timeline Skipping, you just can move the squared Cursor at any Point you want in the Timebar (Bufferbar). That make it possible to jump to any Time during Playback. That would be great, because i use the 7-Key Aluremote for XBMC Navigation (MacMini with Bootcamp and W7).
(2012-04-23, 18:58)Jtl6060 Wrote: Is it possible to make the bottom black bar more transparent on fanart 2 so the fanart will show through a little more?. If it's just a change of the config files I can probably handle that. Just need to know where to look and what to change

Not in an easy way. I'll make it a tad more transparent in next release.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-04-23, 18:58)Jtl6060 Wrote: Is it possible to make the bottom black bar more transparent on fanart 2 so the fanart will show through a little more?. If it's just a change of the config files I can probably handle that. Just need to know where to look and what to change
It's not a setting or number that you can simply change... it's an image.
You can do that yourself in case pecinko prefers to keep it as is:
1) create a plain black background png to the transparency of your choice
2) edit the view_videos.xml file, and search for the word "Vignette" ....there are several entries so experiment until you find the one you want (I don't know the one for fanart 2 at the top of my head). You will see something like <texture>img/Vignette_somenumber.png</texture> ...change this to the image you created...eg <texture>c:\myimages\vignette.png</texture>

Edit: oops too late...just saw pecinko's reply Tongue
(2012-04-22, 23:46)ClayM Wrote: it's just very clean.

This is the whole idea of the skin - clean and focused on your media instead of on skin graphics.

I can add a label on home screen that would show currently logged user. I question necessity though, as

- if you use recently added items you can easily see active profile by type of movie on shelf
- if you use an image on shelf this is even more true
- I have disabled unnecessary menus in kid's profile - just another differentiation point

If you make a nice theme I will include it in a skin.
(2012-04-22, 23:38)sceaga Wrote: Pecinko, how often, or when will you update the main XBMC repository with these updates? The master XBMC repository still has 3.2.2 I believe.

I will prepare last version and apply for an main repo update. It can take 2-8 days from the moment I apply till the moment it becomes available.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Just updated to the latest quartz. Thank you pecinko, keep up the great work!

I am having fun learning to hack the various elements of the skin. If you could help me with two issues:

1) I wanted to set the "Cinema" button as the default, so I edited DialogVideoInfo.xml and changed
<defaultcontrol always="true">8</defaultcontrol> to <defaultcontrol always="true">299</defaultcontrol>. This works great for movies, however fails for tv shows ....so my question is, how do you do a conditional statement?...so that it's only applicable to movies..

2) I would like to change the color of the text for FileName and Path from white to a grey like its heading under the VideoInfo...I have found the entry but cant figure out how to change the color :
<item>
<label>$LOCALIZE[561]:</label>
<label2>$INFO[ListItem.FileName]</label2>
<onclick>-</onclick>
<visible>!IsEmpty(ListItem.FileName)</visible>
</item>

Thanks in advance!
(2012-04-23, 19:53)echo Wrote: It's not a setting or number that you can simply change... it's an image.
2) edit the view_videos.xml file, and search for the word "Vignette" ....there are several entries so experiment until you find the one you want (I don't know the one for fanart 2 at the top of my head). You will see something like <texture>img/Vignette_somenumber.png</texture> ...change this to the image you created...eg <texture>c:\myimages\vignette.png</texture>

Cool reply!

I'll make it easier. Look for

<control type="image">
<include>Dimensions_Fullscreen</include>
<texture>img/Vignette_58.png</texture>
<aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
</control>

in View_Videos.xml and make it

<control type="image">
<animation effect="fade" end="85" time="0" condition="true">conditional</animation>
</control>

Added line will lower transparency to 85% on an existing image. You will see at ones why I said it's not that easy. I have to remake Vignette_58.png to make it look proper.

(2012-04-23, 19:49)Peter911 Wrote: by Timeline Skipping, you just can move the squared Cursor at any Point you want in the Timebar (Bufferbar). That make it possible to jump to any Time during Playback. That would be great, because i use the 7-Key Aluremote for XBMC Navigation (MacMini with Bootcamp and W7).

Huh.. I'm not sure....

I'm using Up/Down as quick jump to settings. This would mean I would have to give up Down. Furthermore, I don't find it intuitive to end up in progress bar. What about small skip / big skip on your remote?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-04-23, 20:07)echo Wrote: 1) I wanted to set the "Cinema" button as the default, so I edited DialogVideoInfo.xml and changed
<defaultcontrol always="true">8</defaultcontrol> to <defaultcontrol always="true">299</defaultcontrol>. This works great for movies, however fails for tv shows ....so my question is, how do you do a conditional statement?...so that it's only applicable to movies..

You can't. That statement is applicable to window, regardless of content type in it.

But, you could try adding a hidden button that would set focus based on content. See home.xml, button marked as "ATV 1 focus fix". Then use conditional "on focus" statement based on content type.

Quote:2) I would like to change the color of the text for FileName and Path from white to a grey like its heading under the VideoInfo...I have found the entry but cant figure out how to

Try using
Code:
<label2>[COLOR=Grey]$INFO[ListItem.FileName][/COLOR]</label2>

for those 2 items only.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-04-23, 00:40)Remaheet Wrote: Since you added fanart view for music, would it be possible to have "Fanart 2" view also for it so it can display artist informations with fanart and artist thumbs? I find this view to be very elegant and practical.
Also, I think it has already been suggested once, but could it be possible to add numbers ratings next to the movie title in "Fanart 2"?

Probably yes, I'll take a look.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2012-04-23, 19:53)echo Wrote: It's not a setting or number that you can simply change... it's an image.

Quote:pecinko

Cool reply!

I'll make it easier. Look for

<control type="image">
</control>

in View_Videos.xml and make it

<control type="image">
<animation effect="fade" end="85" time="0" condition="true">conditional</animation>
</control>

Added line will lower transparency to 85% on an existing image. You will see at ones why I said it's not that easy. I have to remake Vignette_58.png to make it look proper.

Thanks for the replies

worked perfectly!! Allows the fanart to breath a little more. Thanks again. By far my favorite skin!!

Actually changed end="85" to end="60". Just my preference.
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QUARTZ - Gotham12