MXQ S85 Android TV Box (Amlogic S805) Review
If you plug this box in to your computer via micro usb in the otg port, are you able to see it in adb? I want to do some development on this box and I've currently got a OTT MXQ which does not show up on my computer once connected.
Hi, Even though installing a Kodi 15.2 update on my MXQ was not successful, the original Kodi 14,2 no longer runs. Before I uninstall & reinstall I thought I ask those with more experience if there's an obvious solution

I tried to install Kodi 15.2 through the Play store. Then when I try to run it, the first time it asked if I wanted to run with or without extras. I tried both (by clearing the cache) but then the screen darkens and 5 seconds later goes back to the menu. So, found a 14,2 version and tried to install that. It failed because of different signatures. When I looked at the app list I noticed it was still at 14.2 so I assume the original 15.2 install was not successful either, I just did not notice.

Is there a way to save the extraas data as reinstalling on the MXQ will be tiresome

Thanks!

Finally successful. I backed up the org.xbmc.kodi folder and uninstalled kodi 14.2. I reinstalled it and replaced the org.xbmc.kodi folder with the original saved version and voila it ran as original. I immediately used the kodi backup addon!
Does the EM6Q-MXQ box run ok on a 4K TV?
I've just picked up a s805 (Drobox mxq guess it's pretty much the same) has anyone had any experience with Amazon video? I've downloaded the app logged in but I can't play any video once I chose the video it looks like it's loading but just loops back to the selection screen. Huh
Hi, I have exactly the same issue with Amazon Video on my OTT s805 MXQ box. Does anyone know the solution? Thanks
I have managed to get it to work but had to use an old amazon video apk. Have to login on Amazon chrome and choose the videos from there and it opens in the apk, loose a bit of the functionality of the original app but seems to work until there's another solution.

Out of interest can I update kodi to the lasted version with losing all the addons? Downloaded from kodi site but won't install.
(2015-12-23, 18:46)Elmo46 Wrote: I have managed to get it to work but had to use an old amazon video apk. Have to login on Amazon chrome and choose the videos from there and it opens in the apk, loose a bit of the functionality of the original app but seems to work until there's another solution.

Out of interest can I update kodi to the lasted version with losing all the addons? Downloaded from kodi site but won't install.

Many thanks for the reply. Where did you get this old APK from? (This is very annoying as this was the main reason why I bought the android box)
Struggling to find the link as it as on my tablet and I've had to reset think it might be this onehttp://androidtvgeek.com/2015/04/download-how-to-get-amazon-prime-instant-video-working-on-an-android-tv-box/
(2014-10-26, 21:55)xronin Wrote: I just received an MXQ S85. How can I tell if it has Bluetooth or not?

edit: never mind: Settings - Bluetooth - switch ON

I just got this same box but the Bluetooth does not seem to work

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MXQ S85 Android TV Box (Amlogic S805) Review1