FireTV/Android Previous Platform Library Migration, Need help please:
Hi everyone,

I am over 8yrs on XBMC several platforms, but never attempted the config I am about to switch to. I have scoured the web and various forums to try and find a definitive thread related to or resolving what I am about to attempt. As of now, I have not found anything to give me the information or a solid 'yes/no' on my dilemma and if it is even possible.

Here's where I am at. My previous setup was an HTPC that I built running Windows with native HDDs for various TV/Movie files along with a huge library of TV Shows linked via 1Channel (which all have subscriptions and auto episode updating). So anyhow, I have converted the HTPC into a home media streamer running FreeNAS, my movies & shows are copied over to HDD shares and are now available via SMB and do show up on the network and devices. Before shutting down the Windows 13.2 Gotham build, I had gone ahead and done an XBMC Library export as a single file & also as individual items in each folder. In addition, I did an XBMCBackup (program addon) of the system, and finally also saved a full copy of my win .xbmc folder with everything inside from the old HTPC.

Now I have setup a rooted FireTV running SPMC 13.2. What I am trying to do is to avoid having to start from scratch with my complex library, I have 100s of current shows that stream thru 1Channel/Primewire-these these have been manually added to & show up in my library, along then, with my discontinued shows that are in the library, but pull from hard copy files on the NAS HDDs. I sure don't want to have to enter 100s of TV shows 1 at a time again, then add to library and then add to subscription under 1channel, tedious is an understatement. Nor do I want to have to re-mark 100s of movies and shows as 'watched'. Again, I do have every key file saved off the windows HTPC XBMC folder on a drive here with full access to use/modify anything I'd need to.

I would like to have a way to scan in my 1200 HDD movies & 60 discontinued TV series back into the library just as they were, except now they'd be via SMB share off the FreeNAS instead of previously, when they were on say: D: drive or G: drive in windows. Moreover, the part that I'm lost with is, I need to have the old library & it's detailed data intact. Things such as 'watched episodes/films' along with all my current show subscriptions that were active under my windows build. 1st time for all this, so I don't know if there is a way to edit files to redirect, or I can just restore the library backup after reloading the HDD files exactly as they were under windows. I am familiar with Android navigation and use winSCP to access everything where I can transfer, delete, or also edit xml system files.

Is there anyone who can help me thru this procedure, if it is even possible to achieve? Sorry if any of this is a bit jumbled, but I'd be happy to clarify anything that's needed moving forward from here. By the way, I'm not looking to do mySQL as I only run 1 system in the house which will be off the FireTV. We watch stuff on several Android tablets here, but dont care about that xbmc usage or history showing in our main LR library. But, if mySQL could help make this all work, then I'm open to it, just don't see the need for syncing at this point.

Any help or input from guys who are familiar with this sure would be appreciated. Thanks much!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV/Android Previous Platform Library Migration, Need help please:0