MYSQL- Still need to pick only SMB or NFS?
I'm wanting to move all of my machines over to NFS shares, but I have 2 that will still access via SMB. Is this still impossible to do with a share library setup? I've been looking and finding references to the smb:// in the file path will cause duplicates, but all of the source info I'm finding is rather old.
If you mean can you mix NFS and SMB shares with a shared MySQL library, then yeah, totally possible.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
You can have same series over multiple shares and each on it own protocol for all xbmc cares.

Only thing is one share changes from being in one protocol vs another then old path no longer valid and rescanning will cause duplicates the original ones wont work anymore when trying to play them though and you be prompted to remove them from lib.

You best off changing sources/protocols, then setting content to none, clean, then set content back to whatever it was and refresh. see Updating_or_removing_videos (wiki)

Either that or update the paths in databases manually that would also work.
I just configured a MySQL library on my home server (running Ubuntu Server). I have the following problem: I use an RPi2 with NFS shares and a notebook running Windows 10 with Samba. How should I do it to have the same database shared but with different protocols. If I rescan the library, then I get duplicate of each episode on Windows client.
Could you please explain this is more details?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MYSQL- Still need to pick only SMB or NFS?0