Solved Kodi not updating library
hey guys, I'm running Kodi Alpha4 & can't get it to pickup my media folders.
I have two partitions on the same drive called E:\Movies & F:\TVshows.

Pretty sure its setup right as I got a new Intel Nuc today with a fresh install of Win8 & Kodi,
It works fine in previous versions Gotham etc.

Is it a bug? I used to think it was just me but now I have a second freshly setup machine failing to scan the drives.
Are the folders locally or are they SMB-Shares?

Could you please provide a Debug Log after trying to set the folders up as a source?
Thanks for the reply David.
The folders are local. A pair of partitions on a external USB3 drive.

In the log file, I get alot of errors like in the sample below...
13:59:04 T:4872 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory 'E:\Toy.Story.3\' does not exist - skipping scan.
13:59:04 T:4872 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory 'E:\Trainspotting\' does not exist - skipping scan.

Its reading the folder names as you can see, but then claiming they don't exist.
Are the movies in a folder or at the root of a drive? Where did you set content? Scraper settings (folder names for lookup)?
Ah, I see what's going wrong now.

The files are in E:\Movies\Trainspotting\ not E:\Trainspotting\ like listed in the xbmc log.

I added them via Videos-Add source-browse-set content. Same method that works fine in Gotham.
I've fixed it but I was wrong about my folder locations. It seems they were all just dumped in the root. I created a folder & moved them into it.
Now Kodi picks them up again.

Dunno if this is a bug or something intentional? Like I said before, the same setup worked under Gotham.
Do you have .nfo files in any of these directories? If so, try deleting the .nfo files and updating the library.
|Kodi: Nvidia Shield 2019|Media Server: Unraid 40TB|TV Tuner: HDHR Prime|Server Apps: TVHeadend w/ Cablecard (FIOS), Plex (Kodi backend), Radarr, Sonarr
(2014-10-15, 19:29)runwaypimp Wrote: I've fixed it but I was wrong about my folder locations. It seems they were all just dumped in the root. I created a folder & moved them into it.
Now Kodi picks them up again.

Dunno if this is a bug or something intentional? Like I said before, the same setup worked under Gotham.

(2014-10-16, 17:45)SheHateMe Wrote: Do you have .nfo files in any of these directories? If so, try deleting the .nfo files and updating the library.

@SheHateMe
Read what he said, he fixed it.

@runwaypimp please mark thread as fixed, full Edit main post and select solved issue from drop down menu to left of subject line.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not updating library0