Duplicates in multiple samba shares
Hey all,

I've been playing around with xbmc (kodi) the last couple days, but I'm running into something quite annoying.

The way my setup works is with a couple samba shares. I have read access to a couple servers using samba. These servers have tons of movies on them, but often they overlap. For example Pulp Fiction is on both servers.
Because of this it ends up two times in my library. So I was wondering if there was a way for xbmc (Kodi) to recognize the best quality of the two and start using that one, instead of showing me two indentical Movies.

The same happens for series. On one of the shares there is a ton of popular TV-Series, but each season has two directories. One in HD and one in SD, so I end up with a bunch of duplicates. This one is the most annoying since it always overlaps. Also Trakt only marks one as being watched.

Apart from this everything is running smoothly, so keep up the great work.

Kind Regards,

Extraah
Bump.
Still haven't found a solution and the problem keeps getting worse, since I have more shares now.
No, if you have two or three or four instances of same movie in different qualities, and they are in different sources and scan those you get two, three, four etc entries. There is no way currently to choose which one is best automatically and keep that and there is no workaround except you fixing it manually.

I hear in future (maybe v15) you get better duplicate handling, but who knows when and if that will happen.

So solution for you is to handle those manually for now annoying as it may be to you. One way to do that is navigate to each individual path you dont want and set content to none, and then clean library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicates in multiple samba shares0