Amazon Fire TV addons not working
I got a rooted aft with xbmc, but a lot of the addons are not working. It seems to be a permissions problem with the sdcard partition. I've tried editing the /system/etc/permissions/pltaform.xml file, but that didn't work, and possibly broke stuff. I also tried moving the xbmc to a USB flash drive, which seemed to grant more permissions, but still didn't work. So I have a couple of ideas on possible fixes.

1. Try other builds besides Gotham

2. use pathsubstitution in the advanced setting to change the /userdata/addon_data/ folder to a location that has the correct permissions. Possibly a USB flash drive or a network location.

If anyone has any idea if any of these might work, or any other suggestions, I'm all ears.

Thanks!
You can't use path substitution on the entire userdata folder, but you can use it on the thumbnails folder, which is what sucks all the memory. See the example on pathsubs (wiki).
It says "not officially supported for settings files". Doesn't that mean it might work for the addon_data folder.

I would probably do the thumbnail also.
Mixed results for addon_data. Sometimes it works, sometimes not, depending on how the add-on was made.
Try Kodi 14.0 Alpha 3. Worked much better for me.Nod
use nightly builds
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I tried Alpha, nightly, and SPMC Frodo. None of them worked. I got to admit that Alpha and nightly were both much faster than Gotham.

I'm going to try pathsubstitution tomorrow when I have more time.

edit:
tried pathsubstitution, having a hard time getting it working. I'm not the only one. There is another thread on the subject.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1815253
Tried path substitution to usb flash drive. Only the settings.xml moved to the flash drive. The rest stayed in their regular location. Which sucks because the permissions the one file that did make it, are awesome. Any idea why only that one file made it and not the others. This is the advancedsettings file that I used

<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/addon_data/</from>
<to>/sdcard/usbStorage/sda1/addon_data/</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV addons not working1