Want to buy a fully made HTPC
Well I am not a gamer, but the zbox boxes are great, at least that has been my experience.

Option 1

Option 2

However, lately been looking into this, a chromebox running openelec, chromeOS and Win 8.1.
AFTV (non-rooted + Kodi)
WD My Book Live NAS
(2014-10-23, 04:40)shabuboy Wrote: Well I am not a gamer, but the zbox boxes are great, at least that has been my experience.

Option 1

Option 2

However, lately been looking into this, a chromebox running openelec, chromeOS and Win 8.1.

as much as I appreciate Lon's videos, the wiki page and threads here are better/more straightforward for setting up a ChromeBox
Man Lon talks fast!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I understand everything he says, he sounds just fine to me.
People can read long instructions but many prefer to watch a how-to video or just watch for fun about new gadgets and setups first before take the plunge and buy it/"get their hands dirty", it makes them feel more comfortable about it. Lon does a wonderfull job always giving sincere straight-forward reviews from the point of view of an average user.

I'm really good following instructions and i don't fnd them complex, yet i always search for videos with more info, how-to's and so on mostly for fun but also to be well informed as it is easier and faster to watch a video than read for long time.
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
Stay away from anything with an Atom processor. If it doesn't give you trouble at first they eventually will.

These guys have a ton of HTPC resources on how to build your own.

They also have pre-made ones that have been pretty well reviewed across the marketplace as well.

www.assassinhtpc.com

I'm not certain if anyone else even does pre-made ones. Lots of times forum members will help.
(2014-10-28, 14:06)redscare24 Wrote: Stay away from anything with an Atom processor. If it doesn't give you trouble at first they eventually will.

Rubbish.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Want to buy a fully made HTPC0