Help with home, smart playlists and widgets
Hi there,

First of all, I'd like to say that ace is to me the best xbmc skin ever. It's almost perfect for my setup, except for the issue I'm posting about. I tried as much as possible to find the info on the forums, and I have the feeling that I'm nearly there... I hope you'll be able to help me. Here is my setup:

HDD1:
SERIES_EN: Contains all my TV shows that are not anime (english)
SERIES_FR: Idem, in French.

HDD2:
MOVIES_EN: Contains all my movies that are not anime (english)
MOVIES_FR: Idem, in French.
ANIMOVIES_EN: Contains all my anime movies (English)
ANIMOVIES_FR: Idem, in French.

HDD3:
ANIME_EN: Contains all my anime TV shows (English)
ANIME_FR: Idem, in French.

I created a source for each folder in xbmc, using the appropriate scraper configuration to support multi language.

Then, I created the 4 following smart playlists:
ANIME, regrouping ANIME_FR and ANIME_EN
ANIMOVIES, regrouping ANIMOVIES_FR and ANIMOVIES_EN
MOVIES, regrouping MOVIES_FR and MOVIES_EN
SERIES, regrouping SERIES_FR and SERIES_EN

Once this was done, I went into ace skin configuration and I created custom menu items for each smart playlist that I've created.

As the result, I have 4 new home items pointing to my smart playlists. Everything is okay, except that:
1. I cannot have fanart displayed for those items without creating dedicated folders for fanart, which is annoying because it now has to be managed manually when a new TV show/movie is added to the library. When using the standard TV shows/movies menus, fanart is managed automatically.
2. The recently added and random widgets are working fine for the smart playlist menu items, but the in progress widget does not work. It comes up with an empty list... Being a former Plex user, I miss the "on deck" feature, which is pretty much what the in progress widget is about.

I tried other skins, but I always come up with the same issues when trying to customize home menu items... Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks for your time and support.

Remusonline
1. By having "fanart displayed", do you mean the fanart background as you scroll through the list of movies/tv shows? I ahve a similar setup, and that works just fine for me without any manual intervention.

2. This does seem to be a limitation, I do not believe that it is possible to have the "in progress" widget for smart playlists.
(2014-10-15, 15:13)jimper Wrote: 1. By having "fanart displayed", do you mean the fanart background as you scroll through the list of movies/tv shows? I ahve a similar setup, and that works just fine for me without any manual intervention.

2. This does seem to be a limitation, I do not believe that it is possible to have the "in progress" widget for smart playlists.

1. By "fanart displayed", I meant the fanart displayed as background when highlighting the custom menu item in the home menu. As you said, when looking at the smart playlist elements, the fanart backgrounds are displayed fine.

2. I was really hoping this was not a limitation, but something I forgot to do on my side... I can't believe no one else complained, especially former Plex users, that tasted the " on deck " feature. I would be really nice to have this in xbmc! Big Grin

RM
Does anyone else have a solution for this, or a workaround maybe? I can live with what I have right now, but to me the XBMC experience is not complete without those functionalities...

Thanks for your help!

RM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help with home, smart playlists and widgets0