Hide ubuntu unity top menu panel
I'm not sure if this has been answered or not, I tried searching, but I'm running 14.04 and can't get the top menu panel to hide in windowed mode. I'd really like to run in windowed mode as opposed to fullscreen. Enabling legacy fullscreen support in the compiz config didn't help.

Has anyone found a fix for this? Is there a way to just hide the panel during playback? I've never had this problem with VLC or any other video player in Ubuntu. Thanks!
Use a helix build. Prior versions of xbmc are not x11 aware.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ah ok cool so this is addressed in Kodi...are the Helix builds stable enough for daily use?
I think so, but personally dont use any of these other "stables" releases ever, only nightlies (something of an experiment I been doing for 2+ years). however, I look at the code changes regularly and if something massive happens I can always make a backup and move backward/forward without much issue. The result is any bugs found usually fixed for everyone else.

I suppose that this is a hardened Linux user thing, enjoying to be involved in a project is more than just using a project for me.
Thanks a lot guys, very helpful
Did it work to you pleasure? :-)

Should be able to look like this:

Edit: This is window maximized unity style. You can also window it any other way unity allows it.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide ubuntu unity top menu panel0