Need help for setting a *different* kind of share
Exclamation 
Hi,
Another new user recently converted to the beauty of XBMC/Kodi!

Setup :
1. XBMC running on a NUC in the living room with 2 USB HDD. NOTE: I use XBMC exclusively from this computer,
2. The media files are downloaded are temporarily stored on a separate computer, which is my "main computer". I do not run XBMC from this one.
3. When I have enough new files, I unplug one of the USB HDD from the NUC, plug it in the computer the files where downloaded from and transfert the files to XBMC manualy.

Here is where I need your help!
I'm lazy! When I had a Boxee box, I could access my Boxee as if it was a network drive on my main computer (Windows). This way, I could simply drag and drop the files from my main computer to the Boxee USB HDD and the files would be transfered via WiFi.

Is there a way to acheive this in XBMC? How should I easily share medias for my main computer to my NUC. Donwloading straight from the NUC isn't an option, since I don't want to do my downloading and searches from the living room...

I read guides on setting a SMB share, but I'n not sure its the right solution for me... I'm not that big of a techy.

Thanks a lot!
Setup the usb drive so that it is shared in windows, so you can just drag and drop via network like you did with the Boxee from main pc over wifi
So, if I understand correctly, I have to connect my USB Drives to my computer, enable the share feature which is probably somewhere in the contextual menu (right click) and the drives will now show in the home network screen?

Thank you!
Here's a quick guide from the Microsoft site (I guessed Windows 7, but it's much the same in Windows 8)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windo...=windows-7
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help for setting a *different* kind of share0