Has anyone had any luck with EventGhost & Emprex Remote + Dual Monitor?
Hey guys and gals, I have an issue that I'm hoping someone can lend a hand in solving. I've just moved away from my Raspberry Pi as it was getting a little slow and I've set my Windows PC up to have my XBMC on Screen 2 (my TV) and my normal Windows desktop set up on Screen 1 (my monitor).

Using EventGhost and the Emperx 3009ARF remote control I've mapped all the relevant buttons to the remote, so I can use the remote even when XBMC isn't in focus. The only thing that I can't map are the arrow keys and the 'OK' button, as these appear to be keyboard strokes of up, down, left, right and enter. This is obviously an issue for me, is it means XBMC needs to be the focus to use these buttons. I can set the keyboard up in EventGhost to use these buttons, but then they are not usable outside of XBMC. Often I will be using my PC while another member of the family is using XBMC, so this isn't ideal.

Has anyone else had something similar to this, or even with this same remote, and if so what solution did you come up with? I'm really at a loss of what to do.

Thanks for any and all advice.

Ray.
Just a follow up on this, I done some research and I think I found a way to map the arrow keys using AutoHotKey, but I'm having some trouble with my script - it doesn't seem to work at all. I want to map the arrow keys to controls that I would never need to use so that I can map them in EventGhost, so CTRL+O would become 'Left' for example. The code in my .ahk file is this:

Code:
#IfWinActive XBMC
^o::Left
^p::Right
^i::Up
^u::Down
#IfWinActive

But none of them seem to work. The script is active. Does anyone here have any experience with AutoHotKey and be able to point out to me what I am doing wrong?

Again, thanks for any and all info on this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Has anyone had any luck with EventGhost & Emprex Remote + Dual Monitor?0