Solved How to setup shared library over the internet?
Hey guys

I have a Synology DS412+ with all my video content, and also running a mariadb sql server on it I use as a shared library. I also have a raspberry pi Openelec at home which is connected to the shared library. At my parents house they have 2 raspberry pi's Openelec. I want to use the same shared library that I use at home, for the raspberry's at my parents house. I have done all the port forwarding and been able to connect to both the video sources and the shared library.

Problem is that at home the path for fx my movie folder looks like this: smb://Mynas/Shares/Downloads/Film
When I then connect to the shared library from my parents house it's of course the same path.

Is there a way to like replace or redirect the path to the webdaw path davs://Myuser:Mypass@Myip:myport/Shares/Downloads/Film

My parents aren't good with it so I would like that when I change something in my shared library at home, the raspberry's at my parents sees the same changes.

Anyone now if this is possible and maybe how to do it?
You would want Path substitution

In the "advancedsettings.xml" file on your parent's machines, you would add the path substitution. Probably something like:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>smb://Mynas/Shares/Downloads/Film</from>
    <to>davs://Myuser:Mypass@Myip:myport/Shares/Downloads/Film</to>
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>
You dont need path substitution, any haff baked server you can share same content via multiple protocols so smb for you local and webdav for your parents.

While in your local machine you add the sma source on your parent machine you setup the webdav share -> done. No path substitution.
@uNiversal - Are you sure that will work with a shared MySQL library ? I don't think multiple protocols are the problem, the issue will be with the paths in the shared DB, which obviously need to be the same across all clients Huh

@OP - I'd go with the path substitution method and see if that works.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2014-10-16, 13:19)ConfusedTA Wrote: You would want Path substitution

In the "advancedsettings.xml" file on your parent's machines, you would add the path substitution. Probably something like:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>smb://Mynas/Shares/Downloads/Film</from>
    <to>davs://Myuser:Mypass@Myip:myport/Shares/Downloads/Film</to>
  </substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

Was exactly what I was looking for. It's working great! Thanks man!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to setup shared library over the internet?0