Cheap AMD 4k ready video card
So I'm looking for a cheap AMD 4k ready video card.

I'm going to be passing through the card to my OpenElec VM.

I will have an R9 290 in there also, so i dont want something too big. Any suggestions?
So I hear I can run xbmc off my old commodore 64.

Pretty cool......pretty really cool
The R9 290 is 4k capable as is with 4k30fps already. and I think it has displayport 1.2 out which means over that it should handle 4k60fps from what I remember but I may be wrong. As of right now you have a top tier card from AMD already. only thing better is a R9 295 which is a dual GPU card if I remember correctly. So not much in the way of upgrades from what you have right now.
(2014-10-16, 06:07)wally101 Wrote: So I'm looking for a cheap AMD 4k ready video card.

I will alreadt have an R9 290 in there so i dont want something too big. Any suggestions?

OpenELEC doesn't provide virtual builds anymore. Are you doing something custom?

Does the card have to be AMD?
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2014-10-16, 07:22)lrusak Wrote:
(2014-10-16, 06:07)wally101 Wrote: So I'm looking for a cheap AMD 4k ready video card.

I will alreadt have an R9 290 in there so i dont want something too big. Any suggestions?

OpenELEC doesn't provide virtual builds anymore. Are you doing something custom?

Does the card have to be AMD?

Its going to be running on KVM on the new Unraid build. unRAID unVMs

The reason I want to go with AMD is that is generally has a higher sucess rate for pass through. But if NVIDIA has a decent card that is known
to work fine in KVM pasthrough I'm all for it
So I hear I can run xbmc off my old commodore 64.

Pretty cool......pretty really cool

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cheap AMD 4k ready video card0