Sending to a DNLA enabled reciever
Hi
Just starting trying to get receiver on my home network to play music on my computer or output audio set by a player on the computer. The receiver I am trying to get to work first is a Pioneer R-N500 which is DLNA enabled. I have share with network devices set but even though XBMC shows up as a input on the receiver no library files are displayed and XBMC will not play to the receiver.
Will XBMC work to one way or the other playing computer files on the receiver? I want to have anther DLNA receiver to also have XBMC act as a server for.
Thanks.
Check out the pages on UPnP (wiki) (which is compatible with DLNA)
Thanks for the reply Ned.
Actually it looks like the step I was missing was right clicking on the file I want to have Kodi send the audio to the receiver and select "play to". Still need to figure out why the receiver will not see the library files in Kodi even though it can be selected as input on the receiver and different folders are shown but the content is always empty.
Have you scanned your music into your library?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks for the reply nickr. I have not scanned my entire collection. Just copied in a couple of files to test. Actually at this point I think I actually looking for a stream what you hear solutions so I could send audio out put from Spotify or what ever from the computer to the DLNA device.
Don't think you can do that.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm thinking something like this..
http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/2010/06/29/s...a-jamcast/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sending to a DNLA enabled reciever0