Ignore Articles doesn't work
I have enabled the "Ignore Articles" setting. If I sort video files by 'File', filenames starting with 'The' are grouped together in the listing. The files are alphabetically sorted within that group.

So sorting by file makes the Video File listing look like this:

Arrow
Bones
Chef
Taken
The Affair
The Blacklist
The Chase
Zodiac

But it should look like this:

The Affair
Arrow
The Blacklist
Bones
The Chase
Chef
Taken
Zodiac

A fresh installation of Kodi Alpha 5 plus renaming my profile directory didn't solve the issue.
Adding below section to Advancedsettings.xml didn't help either.
<sorttokens>
<token>The</token>
</sorttokens>

Is there something I forgot?
think it only works in library mode, not in file mode
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Can someone please confirm "Ignore Articles" doesn't work in File mode?
It works fine for me in Gotham 13.2 in File mode, doesn't matter whether items have been added to Library or not. I won't be able to test until later, but if this has changed in Helix 14 then it's a regression.
Maybe for it to work you need to select Replace names with library titles in http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Videos#File_lists
Nope that has no influence on this, at least it didn't on Gotham.
Just tested with the latest Helix nightly build (18/10) and Articles such as The are still ignored, didn't even have to change the default settings as "Ignore articles when sorting" is enabled by default. Note - This was tested on a fresh install with no items added to the Library.
jjd-uk: Thanks very much for testing! I will create a Trac ticket for this issue.
Sorry perhaps I wasn't totally clear, everything works exactly as expected for me, which is when the setting "Ignore articles when sorting" is enabled articles such as "The" are correctly ignored.
Thanks for mentioning! Sorry my bad. I will test my configuration.
It doesn't disregard article for me either... I just came looking for a fix for Kodi on this issue.
That would be really awesome, i'm quite a "Lay Person" regarding debugging.

The funny thing is, it seemed like some of my titles were disappearing (I'd never seen it happen since I started using XBMC in 2010) And sure enough, Thursday I went through my library, and there they were in the A, An, And The beginnings.

Conspiracy, I shout. LMAO

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ignore Articles doesn't work0