Amazon Fire TV Path Substitution [PLEASE HELP]
Ok, in a desperate attempt to get this working I have turned to this forum.

I have researched every possible thread for a solution to my problem and nothing has worked. I am so frustrated.

I would like to use path substitution to move my thumbnails (and possibly addon data) from the AFTV to a shared folder on my network.

I have done the following...

1. Created a folder on my Windows 7 PC and shared it with EVERYONE on the network with read/write permissions.

2. rm -rf * the thumbnails from the AFTV after pulling them and moving them to the shared folder.

3. Created an advancedsettings.xml that has
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <from>special://Thumbnails/</from>
      <to>smb://192.168.1.4/XBMC/THUMBNAILS</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

4. Pushed this to the AFTV.

5. Rebooted.

So now, all of the thumbnails are displaying as blank but NEW thumbnails (from add-ons NOT library (I think)) are showing up in the shared folder but are not displaying.

Please help me... You are my only hope. I have been working on this for 3 nights and I don't think I have any hair left...
Nuke your textures13.db file in the Database folder. XBMC/Kodi doesn't know that you have missing artwork yet.
Is there a command to delete that specific file?

And what if that file is not present? I don't recall seeing it the last time I was up in them guts.
I might have the number wrong, but it's something textures##.db.

I'd use the file manager (wiki) to delete it and then restart XBMC/Kodi. There should be a "profile directory" by default in the File Manager, and a Database folder inside that.
shouldn't the from be

Code:
<from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
Yes, good catch.
Thank you so much for your help, both of you. I'll have to revisit when I get home today.

It's been bothering me so much that I posted this while at work :/
Ok... So I just deleted textures13.db and fixed /profile/Thumbnails... And still nothing. Rebooted and nothing is showing.
debug log (wiki)?
Might try this, I use similar for playlists

Code:
<from>special://userdata/Thumbnails/</from>

or try this

Code:
<from>/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/</from>
or
Code:
<from>/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/</from>

but change the
Code:
org.xbmc.xbmc
if you are using SPMC to
Code:
com.semperpax.spmc

But really should post up a debug log as Ned asked.
I recently did the same thing on my AFTV. This is what my advancedsettings looks like, and it works just fine. I used the computer name instead of IP address.

Code:
advancedsettings>
  <pathsubstitution>
    <substitute>
      <from>special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/</from>
      <to>smb://COMPUTER_NAME/SHARED_FOLDER</to>
    </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>
</advancedsettings>

As mentioned, I did delete the Textures13.db as well as thumbnails on the AFTV. After rebooting it did take a minute for everything to populate.
Any luck? I'm having the same problem.
The weird thing is that I've seen thumbnails that XBMC has saved TO the shared folder... But it doesn't seem to be able to pull them to display them FROM the folder.

I don't get it.
Could be a weird file permission issue on the SMB server?
I wouldn't think so. It has read/write permissions for everyone on the network...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV Path Substitution [PLEASE HELP]1