Rasp PI, XBMC & Vortexbox - Sonos equivalent?
Hi folks.

I've recently built a set up using a Raspberry PI running XBMC (not RaspMC) via Vortexbox running on a HP Proliant server.
It's been a bit of a headache getting it all to run smoothly (my complete lack of experience in programming/coding etc) but with some great help, I've managed to have a really decent Media centre running.
I have an issue over sound, but that's down to the PI (currently looking at something like the PCM2704 or HiFiBerry).

I'm slowly ripping over my (and the kids) DVD collection - so far so good.
What I'm wondering is whether I can use XBMC (soon to be Kodi?) to replicate Sonos? At the moment, there's no issue listening to my CD collection (again, slowly migrating over from iTunes on my Mac) in any room containing XBMC, but I'm hoping there's a way to have either a playlist/set of albums or indeed internet radio, to play on all systems simultaneously (a la Sonos). This is really for party (not that we have many!!) set ups etc.

Is there something built in XBMC to do this? An add on required? Or, without any Sonos hardware, is this even possible?
I know Vortexbox has the Logitech squeezebox program, but I'd probably find it easier to run through XMBC.

Many thanks.
Somapop.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rasp PI, XBMC & Vortexbox - Sonos equivalent?0