Android Fire TV Trouble mapping keys
I'm likely missing something blatantly obvious or I missed someplace that tells me it's not possible.

I'm planning to replace my aging HTPC with my Fire TV, I've got almost everything set up with the exception of the remote.

I am using a Flirc and have a very simple keyboard.xml (when I couldn't get the full thing to work I simplified it) but it just won't work and I've searched google/xbmc/xda-dev and can't find any info about mapping anything beyond the normal Fire TV functions.

My keyboard.xml :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
<Global>
<keyboard>
<i>Info</i>
<one>ActivateWindow(videodb://recentlyaddedepisodes/)</one>
<f9>ActivateWindow(videodb://movies/tags/)</f9>
</keyboard>
</Global>
</keymap>

I get it on the Fire TV fine but I get nothing when I press the keys on my remote or even if I connect a USB keyboard and press the keys.
You actually removed the handling of the standard keys (keymaps do not merge, iirc).
See the fire TV page on our wiki for keymaps examples.
(2014-10-17, 07:24)Koying Wrote: You actually removed the handling of the standard keys (keymaps do not merge, iirc).
See the fire TV page on our wiki for keymaps examples.

According to the Wiki page on keymaps they override/merge link

I have looked at and used the keymaps from the wiki and they only cover the keys that the Fire TV sends, I'm trying to use either a remote w/flirc or a USB keyboard to get access to more than 11 keys.

What I'm really trying to understand/figure out is why with the above keyboard.xml the F9 and 1 key do not activate the windows they are supposed to.
I think I've actually found the problem

In the above xml I actually forgot Videos, from the command, for example the <one> should have been <one>ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://recentlyaddedepisodes/)</one> I actually had it correct in my first keyboard.xml that was using all f keys which didn't work because it seems that the f keys themselves just aren't being recognized.

If I avoid the f keys it looks like it should all work out fine.
I'm not entirely sure how the logic goes, but I think some merge/amend and others replace. Keyboard keymaps seem to always merge. Joystick ones seem to replace. However, I'm not entirely sure about this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fire TV Trouble mapping keys0