New Mac Mini (October 2014) as XBMC Machine
(2014-10-21, 17:28)Scott R Wrote: Can either the 2012-generation or this latest generation of Mac Mini do 24p under OS X?

Off-topic (but I didn't start it)...Can that $180 HP Chromebox do 24p? Can it play VC-1 or MPEG-2 high-def/high-bitrate content smoothly?

Personally, I can live without HD audio, but I would like 24p and full support of high-def/high-bitrate HD video, whether it be encoded in MPEG4, MPEG2, or VC-1.

Why don't you read the chromebox thread and if you still have questions post them there.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-10-21, 17:28)Scott R Wrote: Off-topic (but I didn't start it)...Can that $180 HP Chromebox do 24p?
Yes - it plays "24p" content properly without frame drops/repeats.

Quote:Can it play VC-1 or MPEG-2 high-def/high-bitrate content smoothly?
It has the issues with hardware playback of interlaced VC-1 that all Intel Linux platforms have - but software decoding is probably OK (it has a dual core CPU). MPEG2 is fine.

I play 30Mbs H264 1080/50i stuff with motion compensated deinterlacing and it works well.

Quote:Personally, I can live without HD audio, but I would like 24p and full support of high-def/high-bitrate HD video, whether it be encoded in MPEG4, MPEG2, or VC-1.

It does HD audio with no problems.
(2014-10-21, 21:02)nickr Wrote:
(2014-10-21, 17:28)Scott R Wrote: Can either the 2012-generation or this latest generation of Mac Mini do 24p under OS X?

Off-topic (but I didn't start it)...Can that $180 HP Chromebox do 24p? Can it play VC-1 or MPEG-2 high-def/high-bitrate content smoothly?

Personally, I can live without HD audio, but I would like 24p and full support of high-def/high-bitrate HD video, whether it be encoded in MPEG4, MPEG2, or VC-1.

Why don't you read the chromebox thread and if you still have questions post them there.

I can't blame people for not reading 100+ pages of a thread just to find out what the current state of affairs is for a given device. So I went ahead and put in the header of the wiki page so it's now front and center.
Hi ,

Can anyone tell me how to force the 2014 Mac mini to output at 24fps when streaming movies from the iTunes Store ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New Mac Mini (October 2014) as XBMC Machine0