Couple of irritating problems
Hi to all,

wondered if I might get some help and advice on a couple of problems I have got:

1/ I have set up Gotham 13.2 on 4 units

a/ my desktop PC with win7 (just used to explore functionality of XBMC/KODI) therefore wired mouse is used.
b/ Homebuilt system with win7 on Gigabyte E350N Win 8 motherboard in case. (wireless mouse connected)
c/ 2 x Zotac ID18 Zboxes using win7 (wireless mouse connected)

All the above are networked via 300Mbps powerline adaptors. which works great under win7

Tried both b and c originally with openelec installed but found large amount of problems seeing the three units
on the network. So decided to install win7 and xbmc on these units as well. With Xbmc linked in the startup
folder of a bare win7 installation startup speed is pretty good.

The main problem I have is for some reason the wireless mice used with these three units seems to freeze after
a period of time for no apparent reason and the only way I can get functionality back is to remove the usb
transmitter and reboot the system. This happens on all the three units and with all the wireless mice I have
(I have six)

I have shut down xbmc on the three units and I have no problems whatsoever with the wireless mouse freezing
in win7, so it seems to me to be xbmc related. (I'll standby to be shot down)

I have checked powersaving is off for usb in device manager and I have checked all the bios is set up correctly
for usb on all three units, I have put new batteries in the mice but nothing I do seems to cure this problem.

2/ My second problem is that for some reason or other the only skin (of the ones that I have tried) that seems to
to recognise my own TV fanart is the Confluence Customizable Mod and even that will not do every TV folder I
have got my own fanart for.

In fact I have found that with most skins the option to use own fanart is not even there for some reason, when as
I understand it, it should be, Xunity - Confluence Mod is an example. By the way settings level is set to expert.
I,m obviously doing something quite basic wrong but for the life of me I can't figure it out, have pity on a old man.

So any help on either of these two problems will be gratefully received by this OAP.
1) I've got a wireless mouse, and couldn't be happier.... it's never stalled. Of course I don't have 3-4 working units all ongoing at the same time. Wondering if you're dealing with a bit of cross-talk with your wireless? If you just use one system, (the others turned off) do you have the same issues? [note give Transparency! a shot, i find it's great for cordless mice.] then there is the option for a 'real' remote. The statement "seems to freeze after a period of time for no apparent reason" would make trouble shooting much more difficult. A debug log at the freeze point might turn up a hint of what is going on. But I have a sneaky suspicion that your issue is really half baked software.

2) I'm unfamiliar with the Xunity - Confluence Mod and suspect this is the root of your troubles. It doesn't seem to be supported on this forum, and I'm unsure how to proceed advising you. Most of the fanart issues are easily handled within known versions and iterations of XBMC-Kodi, I suggest a fresh start on all your systems with an official download, and a recommended repository skin, then let's go from there.
Thanks for your reply PatK, normally only one unit at a time is in use, (lay out as follows: one in living room , one in main bedroom, one in guest bedroom. - only me and my wife at home and only very occasional guest)
I,ve done further investigation and have somehow got the Gigabyte system in the living room to work fine, no idea how.

But I refer back to my original post "I have shut down xbmc on the three units and I have no problems whatsoever with the wireless mouse freezing in win7, so it seems to me to be xbmc related."
this is probably a poor assumption on my part.

I,ve since contacted Zotac and asked them for advice just in case I may have set the bios incorrectly, I,m still awaiting a reply.

With reference to the fanart problem I think I may have worked out the problem.
Before I came down the HTPC road originally I use to have a Mede8er system and all of my Networked Hard Drives with video's on had the fanart in the format of about.jpg and folder.jpg, not fanart jpg and folder.jpg
I thought I had changed all the about.jpg to fanart.jpg but obviously missed some.

When I changed to HTPC I must left some of the about.jpg files on the hard drives, hazarding a guess here but I suspect when XBMC went through the process of adding folders to the library it found both named files
and in some cases got confused and allocated neither to that particular folder and used the internet to allocate. I am in the process removing the about.jpg files and so far of the ones that I was originally having a problem with most are now ok after cleaning out the library and re-loading in the folders.

Will post again if Zotac come up with any suggestions.

If there are any Zotac Zbox users who read this I would appreciate it if you could type down all your Usb settings in bios for me just in case I get no luck with Zotac themselves.
I suspect this might be skin related... give T! a shot. OTH: latest iterations of XBMC/Kodi are now using poster.jpg and fanart.jpg, so it sounds like you're left behind in an unsupported software configuration.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Couple of irritating problems0