Win XBMC TV Client -> remote MediaPortal Server (Win7)
Hello hello,

As described in the title -

Win 7 Media PC running MediaPortal (TV backend) and XBMC (13.1) as a Frontend, via MediaPortal PVR Client. Works excellently, has done for yonks.

Now my laptop can run MediaPortal as a frontend and works by pointing it at the mediaPC, I don't think any more configuration is necessary. That works OK.

Now I've installed XBMC (13.2) and the PVR Client. I give it the IP Address of the server, it downloads EPG information OK. When I try to watch a channel (or a recording) I get the following error

-
Quote:6:19:28 T:2712 NOTICE: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Channel timeshift buffer: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live7-0.ts.tsbuffer
16:19:28 T:2712 NOTICE: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Creating a new TsReader...
16:19:28 T:2712 DEBUG: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: PatParser:Reset()
16:19:28 T:2712 NOTICE: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: TsReader open 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live7-0.ts.tsbuffer'
16:19:28 T:2712 NOTICE: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Cannot access 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live7-0.ts.tsbuffer' directly. Assuming multiseat mode. Need to translate to UNC filename.
16:19:28 T:2712 ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: No timeshift share known for card 7 'IT9135 BDA Filter'. Check your TVServerXBMC settings!
16:19:28 T:2712 ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Could not find a network share for 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live7-0.ts.tsbuffer'. Check your TVServerXBMC settings!
16:19:28 T:2712 ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Cannot access 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live7-0.ts.tsbuffer'
16:19:28 T:2712 DEBUG: CAddonCallbacksAddon - ADDON::CAddonCallbacksAddon::QueueNotification - MediaPortal PVR Client - Error Message : 'Cannot access: C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live7-0.ts.tsbuffer'
16:19:28 T:2712 ERROR: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: Cannot open timeshift buffer C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\live7-0.ts.tsbuffer
16:19:28 T:2712 NOTICE: AddOnLog: MediaPortal PVR Client: TsReader: closing file

Thanks for your help guys and girls :-)
Guess you need to create 2 shares on your TV backend, configure both media portal clients to use these shares for timeshift and recording (so smthg like \\backend-ip\ts and \\backend-ip\rec), make sure your remote client can access those shared and that should be it.

Problem is that the mp-backend is configured to save the live transport stream locally to 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\timeshiftbuffer\' in your case, which isn't accessible by your remote client, hence the need for the shares, same goes for recordings.
Bye,
Fry
Kodi v17.6 with shared MariaDB v10.3 | HTS Tvheadend 4.2.6 on RPi2 | running on:
Windows 10x64 | Nvidia Shield | FireTV4k | FireTVStick4 | Android 5 | RPi3 with OSMC
Thanks that works

Shared up the recording and timeshift folders on the host pc, set up the paths in the tv server as unc paths \\mediapc\... and now it works :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC TV Client -> remote MediaPortal Server (Win7)0