Popping noise when first starting movies..
I Have a windows 7 pc Running Gotham 13.2 I recently purchased a new AVR after my old one died. It is a yamaha rxv377. I used the microphone to setup the speakers (5.1 system) After I did that I checked the settings in xbmc and noticed wasapi, so I selected that. The option was wasapi over HDMI AMD or something to that effect. I then watched a movie, and as soon as I selected the movie a loud pop occured and then the movie started. There is no static or anything the sound is great, but the popping is horrible. I tried another movie and it did the same thing. All my movies are ripped with AC3 or TrueDTS. I tried to switch back to direct sound but now it is also making a popping noise. Any help is appreciated.
ok well it has definitely been on awhile and I have just now fixed this. So if anyone comes across this I will just leave my solution.

Turned out the sound drivers that were installed on my windows machine were the default ones. I had to reinstall other things and by chance ran across the hdmi and sound issue that others have had with AMD cards. What I did was install the graphics drivers only from the catalyst center and the sound drivers over hdmi for ati. The file is a little hard to find but it is out there. Good luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Popping noise when first starting movies..0