dvdplayer restart my pc on video playback
Hi all,

I have problems with the player dvdplayer.
When I start to watch a movie, about 20-30 minutes later, the pc restarts.
If I check the log (xbmc.old.log) there is no error. (I use <loglevel hide = "false">3</ loglevel>)

If I use mplayer as player (editing playercorefactory.xml), the video plays correctly.

I tried to disable hardware acceleration and VAAPI, but I have the same problems.

My setup is as follows:
x86-PC (xbmcbuntu 13.0 os:Ubuntu 14.04 64bit, kernel: 3.13.0-37-generic, videocard: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller (ivy bridge) and xbmc:13.2

My extra parameters for the kernel are:
i915.i915_enable_rc6=0 intel_idle.max_cstate=0

Anyone have any idea that I could be happening?

Thanks!
No. Looks like a hardware issue, most likely memory.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
But it is not strange that with mplayer to work properly?
Since I have mplayer as external player (one week), has not been returned to restart.

(2014-10-18, 19:22)fritsch Wrote: No. Looks like a hardware issue, most likely memory.
Hi,

I used memtest to test the memory. Apparently memory works correctly.
I have also tried vlc and the computer does not restart. Confused

(2014-10-18, 20:51)jot4ce Wrote: But it is not strange that with mplayer to work properly?
Since I have mplayer as external player (one week), has not been returned to restart.

(2014-10-18, 19:22)fritsch Wrote: No. Looks like a hardware issue, most likely memory.
Yeah - then bad for you. No one can help you without proper dmesg / Debug Log / anything else.

xbmc is an OpenGL Application which does hw decoding + OpenGL rendering. It puts obviously more pressure on the hardware then some desktop players.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
check dmesg and Xorg.log after a crash
When the problem occurs, the computer restarts.
I attach the logs (dmesg & xbmc.log.1 & xorg.conf.1).

dmesg:
Xorg.0.log.old:
xbmc.old.log:

The mplayer works from within xbmc (playerfactory.xml). So I thought I could be dvdplayer problem.

Thanks,

(2014-10-20, 13:38)wsnipex Wrote: check dmesg and Xorg.log after a crash
aplay -l please

It looks like an absolute misconfiguration (starting with non existing audio).
your log is full of audio errors. Xbmc is not able to open an audio device....
It is true, sorry. To rule out things, I turned off the sound card.
I tried to edit the message, but it was too late.

The "correct" links are:

dmesg -> http://paste.ubuntu.com/8602758/
xorg -> http://paste.ubuntu.com/8602855/
xbmc -> http://paste.ubuntu.com/8602870/

Thanks,

(2014-10-20, 17:01)wsnipex Wrote: your log is full of audio errors. Xbmc is not able to open an audio device....
Nothing - if it crashes, e.g. segfault then there should be crashlogs in your home directory.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dvdplayer restart my pc on video playback0