What do i need for use fullscreen window rather then true fullscreen
I would like to use this setting, but always get stuttering with it enabled, im just curious if you need a reasonably powerful graphics card to get smooth playback using this? Or does that have no effect?
it could have effect but you didn't give us much info to work with,
but presuming your system is fast enough the stuttering could be because of the screen refresh rate.
your desktop could be set to a different frame rate then the movie you want to watch and because of that you could get the stuttering.
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Thanks for the reply, movie is at 23.967, and i am outputting at that refresh rate.

PC is A10 integrated amd gpu.

I could just never get it working, and I always wondered why, dont want to waste money on a card if it wont fix the problem though.
Your desktop runs at 23.xxx ?
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
Edit

IIRC

You cant run at fullscreen window and not having stuttering issues, no video card can fix that.

Edit
Clearly I dont remmebr thta as well as I thought, so ignore it.
(2014-10-19, 16:58)uNiversal Wrote: You cant run at fullscreen window and not having stuttering issues, no video card can fix that.

Where did you get this info from? Whatever the source is, it is wrong. Please don't do those kind of posts you don't have much knowledge about, this can confuse users.

@Ghostdivision mind letting us know why you want to run in fullscreen window?
So you can run in full-screen window without stuttering issues while at 23.976? I thought you cant do that in full-screen window since the refresh rate matching wont work there. If that wrong then its wrong. I dont keep all the information bookmarked and was only referring to what I vaguely remember from memory. So maybe I should have stated that post with IIRC. Which then clearly I dont remember correctly.
(2014-10-19, 17:13)uNiversal Wrote: I thought you cant do that in full-screen window since the refresh rate matching wont work there. If that wrong then its wrong.

Please elaborate. How do you define refresh rate matching any why do yo think it does not work in a window?

I ask those question because I don' know the reason and if I knew I might be able to fix it.
I cant remember exactly, but full screen window with refresh rate switching 60 > 24p wast a done thing because of compositing or something of the sort, idk Im confused I was almost sure that trul full window was the best in achieving that with minor work., no?

I know in recent v14 you made the application x11 aware but it noyt what the guy wants, as far as I understand he wants a full refresh rate switching with no undesirables playback but what at 24p mmm idk.
Have you tried disabling Aero?
Looks like disabling aero works, or if your using aero then refresh rate switching (23.967) wont work for playback, but keeping it at 60, the desktop refresh rate will.
FOR window fullscreen instead of other Kodi settings do this:
I needed this for my Seduboard Ambilight controlled by the Atmowin Software tool =)

I found the solution!!!!
add file: Advancedsettings.xml
HERE: C:\Users\$USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata

input: (this works for me Smile

<advancedsettings>
<fullscreen>false</fullscreen>
<videoscreen>
<fakefullscreen>true</fakefullscreen>
</videoscreen>
<alwaysontop>yes</alwaysontop>
</advancedsettings>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help