M8 / Fire TV/ Nexus or non android
I have searched high and low for a fully loaded media streaming system and the best android systems I have found seem to be the 3 in the title. The M8 is the cheapest and widely available fully loaded, The fire seems to be a lot smoother system but I can't find them jailbroken and loaded. I know that the pending nexus is going to blow all of them out of the water but will be running the first android tv 4.5 platform so how long before that is jailbroken and stable.

Is android the way to go for media streaming now?

I am new here and you have probably seen a post like this 100 times, Sorry about that
It depends on what your goal is. If you're primarily interested in using XBMC/Kodi, go for a Chromebox. You can get it for around $150, and it provides the best experience by far in that price range. If you want to use other streaming apps outside XBMC, Android boxes are a good choice. Their performance is more flakey on XBMC, but you get to use other apps, too. The M8 box is not as good as other boxes with the AMLogic S802 chip.

The Fire TV is a really fast box, but you have to deal with their hobbled version of Android.
Loaded.

Loaded.

LOADED.

What is with this loaded/fully loaded nonsense? If there's anything you want installed along side XBMC/Kodi, then it is painfully easy to install it. Regardless of if we can discuss it here or not due to the forum rules, or even if we're just talking about XBMC/Kodi itself being preloaded, the point being that if you can read then you can do it yourself.

Don't base any buying decision on if it is "fully loaded" or not.
(2014-10-20, 01:15)Ned Scott Wrote: Loaded.

Loaded.

LOADED.

What is with this loaded/fully loaded nonsense? If there's anything you want installed along side XBMC/Kodi, then it is painfully easy to install it. Regardless of if we can discuss it here or not due to the forum rules, or even if we're just talking about XBMC/Kodi itself being preloaded, the point being that if you can read then you can do it yourself.

Don't base any buying decision on if it is "fully loaded" or not.
many guys even do not know how to install add ons.....Rolleyes so fully loaded sounds like big interests for them,,,,,
acemaxtec
... and then they come here complaining that their "loaded" add-ons don't work, which buries the real issues needing attention.
(2014-10-21, 07:15)Koying Wrote: ... and then they come here complaining that their "loaded" add-ons don't work, which buries the real issues needing attention.
you are right
acemaxtec
hi guys,first post love xbmc/kodi.
i bought a fully loaded android box(mx dual core round box) and nothing worked.
so i did some research on the net and wiped my box and set it up my self and it works great.
the sellers sucker you in with the fully loaded crap,most of the stuff dosnt work or you dont need it.
the best tip i can give the op is to buy a clean box(which will be cheaper)and do it yourself.
like the guys are saying do a bit of research.you will learn and save money so its worth the effort.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
M8 / Fire TV/ Nexus or non android0