New TV - No Display
Hi there,

I have just purchased a new television (www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1281684.htm) and my HTPC (Intel NUC DC3217BY - DC33217CK board) doesn't appear to work on this TV. The HDMI cables I have work on both of the new TV's HDMI ports and the HTPC works on my old TV, but the two don't work together - I just get a message telling me that there is 'No Signal' on the HDMI source.

I'm at a complete loss as to what I should do. I've updated the BIOS and I was going to attempt to update the graphics drivers but there doesn't seem to be any explanation on how to do this. This made no change and I am continuing to receive the 'No Signal' message on my TV when attempting to access the HDMI source whilst the HTPC is on.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?

Many thanks.
1. Make sure the TV is on and all plugged into the PC when booting.

2. Once booted, SSH into the computer and post a copy of /var/log/Xorg.0.log to pastebin or similar and post the link here.

3. Obscure brand of TV, it may not do EDID properly. There are fixes. Let's see the result of 2. first.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
What resolution and refresh rate are you using on the NUC? It may be that one or both are incompatible with that TV.
Thank you both for your replies. I was at work when you replied, nickr and I was going to try this when I got home but I bought another TV instead. My HTPC works fine on the new TV (and around 5 other TVs since I've had it) so it must be an issue with the TV I bought yesterday.

stammie - I toggled through the refresh rate and resolutions on my old TV and attempted to run it on the TV I purchased yesterday to no avail so that doesn't appear to have been the issue. Regardless, I am returning that TV tomorrow anyway. Thanks for offering a potential solution though.
Good luck returning it, I don't want to alarm you but Argos are notorious for riding roughshod over our consumer rights.
Stick to your guns, but unless they have changed their practices over the last 18 months or so they will try every trick in the book to not give you your money back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New TV - No Display0