Issues Migrating from R-Pi to Win8
So I've been running on R-Pi for ages without real issue.
I've bought a windows 8 based HTPC, and have been trying to transfer everything over and run into some issues.

My old set-up is as follows

All media located on NAS.
User XBMC on NAS is set as administrator

Shares are as follows
nfs://192.168.1.82/Movies/
nfs://192.168.1.82/TV
nfs://192.168.1.82/Music

Movies arranged in separate folders and scraped by media companion
Movie Name (year)/Movie Name (year).mkv ~ folder.jpg ~ fanart.jpg etc.

TV shows managed and scraped by sickbeard.

New set up is as follows
Media remains on NAS
User account on HTPC is set as admin on NAS with full rights

I've copied the userdata folder from r-Pi to Win8, rebooted all devices and started xbmc in the expectation that the new everything would work. No.

I've been concentrating my efforts on the movie library, so have not checked Tv and music libraries as of yet.

Issues

1. Items Failed to play

Action Taken

1. Changed the source from NFS to SMB. (Interestingly the content is not set)
2. Edited paths in myvideoXX.db from NFS to SMB.
3. Restarted xbmc

Result: two scenarios occurred
1. Without refreshing all info after setting the content all items which were tested played.
2. When choosing to refresh the info after setting content, the library does a clean and pretty much removes all but 10 or so movies from the library.

2. Loads of missing artwork

Actions taken.
1. Delete textures.db & thumbnail folder.
2. Restart xbmc in the hope that xbmc will recache the artwork from their locations. Fail. Only those showing before are showing again.
3. After changing the source from NFS to SMB, many more thumbs are showing but still half are missing. Part Fail

I've checked and double checked that the user on the HTPC which I have set to 'HTPC - 1' is setup as an admin with full rights on the NAS.

The library has a mixture of pre-frodo and frodo artwork. I've used media companion to find all missing art and re scrape artwork to be Frodo compatible.

Nothing seems to be working as it should and I am hesitant to start afresh as I don't want to lose the watched statuses and date added tags.

I have an advancedsettings.xml which has the 'import watched status' tag for videos, but nothing for date added as I'm not sure it exists.

What am I missing!?

Any and all tips and help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues Migrating from R-Pi to Win80