Having trouble playing an mkv file (FireTV)
I'm having trouble playing an mkv file on my Amazon Fire TV. What would happen is I would select the video and it wouldn't load at all. I've tested it on my Nexus7 and Windows 7 PC and it works fine in XBMC.

I couldn't get the XBMC Log uploader program to work so here's the pastebin of the log: http://pastebin.com/fqQXd9Cd
Not really sure what to do or what's wrong.

Edit: included a DEBUG log this time
Way too many unsupported addons in this installation.

Just get rid of those piracy addons (mashup, navi-x) and supperrepo...after that try again and if it still fails, post a new Debug Log after reproducing your issue. You won´t get any support while those addons are installed.
(2014-10-20, 12:47)David1977 Wrote: Way too many unsupported addons in this installation.

Just get rid of those piracy addons (mashup, navi-x) and supperrepo...after that try again and if it still fails, post a new Debug Log after reproducing your issue. You won´t get any support while those addons are installed.

Actually, just having such add-ons installed alone shouldn't matter unless they're making the log file hard to read or seem to actually be a part of the problem. At least as far as our forum rules are concerned. As long as no one is asking for help for those add-ons then it really shouldn't matter.
Yeah, I'm not asking for help with any of these addons. I'm just wondering why my mkv isn't playing. I did some more testing with other files with the same encoding (AAC/AC3) in mp4 and mkv and it worked wonderfully. I'm not sure why this one isn't working.
When I run into a problem file like that I often re-encode it with Handbrake to see if that fixes it. Might want to give that a try.

Roveer
I've figured it out. The transfer was botched so XBMC was trying to play an incomplete file. Everything works fine now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having trouble playing an mkv file (FireTV)0