Win XBMC rar archive playback from local storage server
Hi Folks,

I read through a vast amount of support sites but I can't find a solution for my problem:

I want to connect to my local storage server via FTP (tls & passive) and play stored movie files on several devices across my appartment. The files are stored in several uncompressed rar archives and the video format is mkv. I can successfully connect to the server and my files are listed but after a couple of seconds the playback stops. I assume that xbmc is not able to continue opening the rar archives. It begins with *.rar but then it fails to open *.r00.

I added the server in the source.xml

Code:
<source>
      <name>LocalStorage</name>
      <path pathversion="1">ftp://xx:xx@xx:xx|auth=tls;passive</path>
      <allowsharing>false</allowsharing>
</source>

I receive the following error:

Code:
T:2640  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
T:2460   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Login denied(67)
T:2460   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
T:2460   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/xxx/xx.r00>
T:2460   ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
T:2460   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/xxx/xx.r00>
T:2460   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Login denied(67)T:2460   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/xx/xx.r00>
T:2460   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/xx/xx.r00>
T:2144   ERROR: CFileCache::Process - Error 0 seeking. Seek returned -1
T:2640  NOTICE: Opening stream: 1 source: 256
T:2640  NOTICE: Creating video codec with codec id: 28
T:2640  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10
T:2640  NOTICE: Creating video thread
T:2640  NOTICE: Opening stream: 0 source: 256
T:2640  NOTICE: Finding audio codec for: 86019
T:2640  NOTICE: Creating audio thread
T:2904  NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayerVideo start, auto delete: false
T:2640  NOTICE: Opening stream: 3 source: 256
T:1804  NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayerAudio start, auto delete: false
T:2904  NOTICE: running thread: video_thread
T:1804  NOTICE: running thread: CDVDPlayerAudio::Process()
T:2904  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::GetFormat - Creating DXVA(1280x544)
T:1804  NOTICE: Creating audio stream (codec id: 86019, channels: 2, sample rate: 48000, no pass-through)
T:2904  NOTICE: DXVA::CDXVAContext::QueryCaps - failed getting device guids
T:2904  NOTICE: DXVA::CDecoder::Close - closing decoder
T:2904  NOTICE: DXVA::Close - closing decoder context
T:2904  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::GetFormat - Creating DXVA(1280x544)
T:2904  NOTICE: DXVA::CDXVAContext::QueryCaps - failed getting device guids
T:2904  NOTICE: DXVA::CDecoder::Close - closing decoder
T:2904  NOTICE: DXVA::Close - closing decoder context
T:2904  NOTICE:  fps: 23.976024, pwidth: 1280, pheight: 544, dwidth: 1280, dheight: 544
T:2904  NOTICE: Display resolution DESKTOP : 1920x1080@ 60.00 - Full Screen (16)
T:2904 WARNING: CXBMCRenderManager::Configure - queue size too small (2, 2, 0)
T:1804 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(audio)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
T:2904 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(video)::Get - asked for new data packet, with nothing available
T:2640  NOTICE: CDVDPlayer::OnExit()

Thanks in advance for your help.
Why did you put a container in a container?
No the mkvs are stored as uncompressed rars
On top of David1977's question, your log indicates that your server is denying access to your files.

Quote:CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: Login denied(67)
T:2460 ERROR: CCurlFile::CReadState::Connect, didn't get any data from stream.
T:2460 ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/xxx/xx.r00>

Edit

Rar is a container - MKV is a container. You put one container in another container. Totally pointless !!!!
Learning Linux the hard way !!
So the problem is the server itself and not my xbmc configuration?

But xbmc is able to open the *.rar so why would the access just be denied for *.rar00. That does not make sense to me
No idea. But if you look on the curl error page http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html it says
Quote:CURLE_LOGIN_DENIED (67)

The remote server denied curl to login
which is the same error code you are getting, and the same login denied error, so I'd say that your problem lies with authentication.
The strange thing is, that I can play my files if tls is turned off....
Just for interest...If the server is local...why are you trying to use FTP? Why not using SMB or NFS?
SMB and NFS both work fine, nonetheless I'd like to play around and find new solutions.
You could try SFTP instead of FTP, although neither of these protocols are designed for streaming content.

If turning off TLS works for you, then likely your server is incorrectly configured for secure access.
black_eagle how do i connect via sftp?

it is also quite strange that xbmc always tries to find subtitle. Something that also only occurs when I connect to a secure server

Code:
T:2916  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
T:2916  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
T:2928   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Login denied(67) for ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/x/x/vobsub/
T:2928   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Login denied(67) for ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/x/x/Vobsub/
T:2928   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Login denied(67) for ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/x/x/subtitle/
T:2928   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Login denied(67) for ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/x/x/Subtitle/
T:2928   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Login denied(67) for ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/x/x/cd1/
T:2928   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Login denied(67) for ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/x/x/cd2/
T:2928   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Login denied(67) for ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/x/x/cd3/
T:2928   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Login denied(67) for ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/x/x/cd4/
T:2928   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Login denied(67) for ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/x/x/cd5/
T:2928   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Login denied(67) for ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/x/x/cd6/
T:2928   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Login denied(67) for ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/x/x/cd7/
T:2928   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Login denied(67) for ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/x/x/cd8/
T:2928   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Login denied(67) for ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/x/x/cd9/

The directories do not exist. Therefore it makes sense that the login is denied.
You need to run an sftp-server on your server box. Openssh has the tools to do this http://www.openssh.com/ and there is a (small) note in the Kodi wiki http://kodi.wiki/view/SFTP

There are 100's of guides on the internet as to how to set up the server under various flavours of Linux, and Windows too.
The problem has to do with curl which seems to kick in when a tls connection is used

without a secure connection the file playback works just fine:

Code:
T:568  NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
T:2684  NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
T:1824  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
T:2540  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: ftp://xx:xx@xx/xx/xx/xx/xx.rar
T:2540 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
T:2540  NOTICE: DXVA::CProcessorHD::PreInit - The Direct3d device doesn't support DXVA-HD.
T:2540  NOTICE: CWinRenderer::Preinit - could not init DXVA-HD processor - skipping
T:2128  NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
T:2128  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
T:2592  NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
T:2128  NOTICE: Creating Demuxer
T:2128  NOTICE: Opening stream: 1 source: 256
T:2128  NOTICE: Creating video codec with codec id: 2
T:2128  NOTICE: CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: MPEG-2 video
T:2128  NOTICE: Creating video thread
T:2128  NOTICE: Opening stream: 2 source: 256

And this happens when a connection to a TLS-Server is created:

Code:
T:2916  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
T:2492  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 5 times.
T:2492   ERROR: CCurlFile::Exists - Failed: Login denied(67) for ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/xx/xx/xx.r00
T:2712  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
T:2492  NOTICE: DVDPlayer: Opening: rar://xx/xx.mkv
T:2492 WARNING: CDVDMessageQueue(player)::Put MSGQ_NOT_INITIALIZED
T:2492  NOTICE: DXVA::CProcessorHD::PreInit - The Direct3d device doesn't support DXVA-HD.
T:2492  NOTICE: CWinRenderer::Preinit - could not init DXVA-HD processor - skipping
T:2484  NOTICE: Thread DVDPlayer start, auto delete: false
T:2484  NOTICE: Creating InputStream
T:2480  NOTICE: Thread RarFileExtract start, auto delete: false
T:2484 WARNING: XFILE::CRarDirectory::GetDirectory: rar lib returned no files in archive ftp://xx:[email protected]:xx/xx/xx/xx.rar|auth=tls, likely corrupt
T:2304 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
T:2304  NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
T:2484 WARNING: XFILE::CRarDirectory::GetDirectory: rar lib returned no files in archive
Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC rar archive playback from local storage server0