multiple instances - db/thumbnail sync
Hello,

I have 4 xbmc's around the house 1 main one is on the main computer where a vanilla xbmc is installed. I use this to add contents to the library and update thumbnails. The other 3 stations are openelec latest copies.

I have a smb share that hosts all the video and music and also runs mysql and a Thumbnails share.

Currently the way things are configured via advancedsettings.xml is to use mysql database to store the information and all 4 stations going to mysql to get the information back.

I am having some problems with thumbnails. the ultimate goal for me is to have 1 big solid directory of thumbnails and not a local copy on each machine.

I've tried path substitution method in advancedsettings.xml and also symlink/hardlink however the results were the same.

When I scroll to the movie on the main computer where i scrap everything the thumbnail loading is fast however on the other 3 machines its very slow almost as if its updating the textures db or re-downloading the same thumbnail again to the shared location...

what will be the best way to keep the thumbnails in sync and have it load fast on the other 3 machines ?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
multiple instances - db/thumbnail sync0