Windows XBMC/KODI BLU-RAY PLAYBACK
Video 
I was browsing and i found this in VidOn Android media player settings.
The device support Bluray.iso and 3D Bluray.iso without any tweaking

Will this feature will be ever be supported on Windows XBMC/KODI?

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Not unless they give us their source code.
VidOn are sponsor of KODI/XBMC ...
So was they able to archive this without the help of KODI/XBMC ?
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Yep it's nothing to do with us as it's custom functionality on their fork, note that Vidonme are backed by the same people as DVDFab so they have access to the decryption methods used to rip blu-rays.
(2014-10-20, 17:53)jjd-uk Wrote: Yep it's nothing to do with us as it's custom functionality on their fork, note that Vidonme are backed by the same people as DVDFab so they have access to the decryption methods used to rip blu-rays.

So its looks like Android is the Future for XBMC/Kodi?
I watch Blu-rays with Kodi all the time on my Windows 7 HTPC. For instance, I recently purchased the Toho Blu-ray release of THE RETURN OF GODZILLA (1984) from Amazon Japan, downloaded the English subtitles from opensubtitles.org, and, with a small adjustment in Kodi's subtitle delay, I was able to enjoy the HD release of a disc not released in the U.S. The decryption utility that is always running on my HTPC is AnyDVD HD. It also allows me to watch BFI's release of THE MYSTERIANS DVD, purchased from Amazon UK. There are other, similar decryption utilities on the market that allow you to watch any Blu-ray or DVD you care to purchase, from anywhere on the planet.
(2014-10-20, 17:53)jjd-uk Wrote: Yep it's nothing to do with us as it's custom functionality on their fork, note that Vidonme are backed by the same people as DVDFab so they have access to the decryption methods used to rip blu-rays.

The Vidon on box only plays already decrypted Blu-ray files, the menu playback shouldn't have anything to do with any decryption methods, they just improved on the original XBMC menu playback.

DVDFab are notorious for using others source code, then not adding back to it - I tried there 'Media Player' ($49.00) a year or so back and it still had XBMC logos/images in the Program Files.... They have since changed that, but it still was taken from the XBMC code originally.
@movie78 are you running the vidon box or just some app. If it's an app, which one? Because the VidOn Player in the PlayStore doesn't seem to be anything XBMC
Most probably this http://www.vidon.me/vidon_xbmc.htm
ah, ok. At the bottom of this page it says "Some of the advanced features need hardware support. They are Blu-ray Menu Navigation, 3D Playback, and DTS-HD/TrueHD HDMI passthrough." - so very unlikely we will be able to add that stuff. Also ffmpeg is still lacking MVC support, so there is no way for us to play 3D blurays anyways.
Yeah still looking for a simple all in one box
that plays bluray 3d iso (mvc) with xbmc as gui

+upcoming 4K and dolby atmos (passthrough)
(2014-10-21, 11:04)da-anda Wrote: @movie78 are you running the vidon box or just some app. If it's an app, which one? Because the VidOn Player in the PlayStore doesn't seem to be anything XBMC

I don't have the App or their player.
I am on their wating list to purchase their new player.

I am very disappointed with development done on the Windows Platform, i See all this Android Device coming out with support for 3D Blu-ray ISO and its already built in.(Eweak 902;CloudMedia and VidOn etc)
The only way to play 3D Blu-ray ISO on Windows Platform is using external Player(PlayISO.bat and Playercorefactory.xml) and that doesn't work all the time.

I spend almost $500 on the Windows Base XBMC/Kodi.
It's true that the lack of proper Blu-ray ISO support (Menus, 3D playback) is one of the things that keeps bugging me. To be fair however, Vidon.me used their own library, while XBMC solely relies on FFmpeg. Comparing them apple-to-apple is quite tricky.

Still, I cannot find the reason why FFmpeg devs consider 3D playback (= MVC decoding) as a trivial issue. Perhaps they regard 3D as a gimmick?
(2014-10-21, 15:42)movie78 Wrote:
(2014-10-21, 11:04)da-anda Wrote: @movie78 are you running the vidon box or just some app. If it's an app, which one? Because the VidOn Player in the PlayStore doesn't seem to be anything XBMC

I am very disappointed with development done on the Windows Platform, i See all this Android Device coming out with support for 3D Blu-ray ISO and its already built in.(Eweak 902;CloudMedia and VidOn etc)
The only way to play 3D Blu-ray ISO on Windows Platform is using external Player(PlayISO.bat and Playercorefactory.xml) and that doesn't work all the time.

I still have to see evidence that does android devices truly play 3d iso and hd audio passthrough.
It easily said it does.. but i havent seen/heard any proof of it.
(2014-10-21, 17:27)Skank Wrote:
(2014-10-21, 15:42)movie78 Wrote:

I still have to see evidence that does android devices truly play 3d iso and hd audio passthrough.
It easily said it does.. but i havent seen/heard any proof of it.

Here is one proof..

http://youtu.be/7hUgRNd7BSw

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows XBMC/KODI BLU-RAY PLAYBACK0