Amazon FireTV slow/freezing on EPG open
On my FireTV running Helix and ServerWMC backend, I am seeing a minute every time i switch to guide. Also occasionally it appears I completely lock up and guide never displays. After 5 minutes or so, it just goes back to main screen. I do have a lot of channels (655 channels, 3 days of data) but shouldn't the data load faster on second and third loads? I tested network (wired) and everything seems good and I also ran from handhelds with similar results.

XBMC EPG Load #1 Log

Even some cases when the EPG succesfully loads, I am still unable to navigate and seems to lock up, log below.
XBMC EPG Load #2 Log

ServerWMC Log:
ServerWMC Log

Loading EPG on my desktop takes 2 seconds max to load all 64K EPG entries. I also thought that when XBMC loads EPG data on startup, it is cached. It doesn't seem to be working since every time I close and re-open EPG, its the same amount of time. I tried changing the setting Do not store EPG data in the DB with same results.

Anyone have similar experience?
I don't have fire-tv, but I think I have heard this complaint before about buggy/slow epg (if you haven't yet, try search this sub-forum). Hopefully someone who actually has one will post.

Given this, it might be worth at least experimenting with just sending your favorite channels to the ftv. Scarecrow added a handy feature to swmc that lets you filter channels by client - by creating channel groups in wmc and just having those groups go to the client you designate.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Thanks. I have seen some other posts regarding similar issues but no where near the time I was seeing. Most did not have as many channels though either. So I did go into Media Center and remove all channels (like PPV) that I did not get and that trimmed the number of channels in half and number of EPG entries by 3-4 times. I am seeing a little better speed but still very very slow. I thought these are cached in memory so closing EPG and re-opening would be quicker.

I will take your advice and create a smaller group now of channels I actually watch but to get full WAF I may need to add them back.
I am having the same issue. Just setup the Fire TV a few days ago and haven't found a solution yet. I've tried the FireTV wired and wireless with the same result. I have Windows laptops as clients that work wireless without a problem.

Update: After cleaning out hundreds of unused channels in WMC, the load time on Fire TV is now much better.
I am having the same issue as well using 14.2. Has anyone tried 15.0 beta?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon FireTV slow/freezing on EPG open0