XBMC map to DLNA server connection issue
I am able to map my DLNA server without any issues and play video and/or music. My problem occurs when the DLNA server is rebooted and the previous mapping is no longer valid. I then have to map the server again and I notice XBMC generates a new UPNP path. Is there anyway to make this connection so I do not have to map it each time?
it's not XBMC that is generating a different UPNP path but our DLNA server. From what I recall UPNP does not have static/fixed paths - I at least think that is what Montellese said some time ago
When XBMC/Kodi is the UPnP/DLNA server to an XBMC/Kodi "client", it should keep the path the same between reboots. What DLNA server are you using?
I am able to map to and play from my DLNA server however, the connection becomes stale in the event my DLNA server is rebooted. I then have to go through the pain of mapping the server again... and when I do this, I notice the UPNP id (prefix before the actual mapping of the server) has changed. Is there any way to correct this so that I have a persistent mapping? It is a pain having to map this all of the time.

Thanks, Jay
I've merged your new post with the old post, and refer you to the questions previously posted to you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC map to DLNA server connection issue0