AMD A8 7600 vs AMD Ahtlon 5350
Hi..

I've been reading this forum for quite some time. Currently I have a Asus E2KMI-Deluxe as my HTPC and NAS. This machine has Windows 8.1 installed and MySQL-Server has database for XBMC. I have a rasperryPI in my room. I think that it's time to change my HTPC. The HTPC also have a Virtual machine running linux for downloads. So i think i reached the point to replace my HTPC/NAS. Currently I have a 120 GB SSD for SO and 4 HDD to my movie collection.

My doubt is between AMD A8 7600 and AMD Athlon 5350. I already have an AMD A8 7600 here at home and it draws 23 W from the wall with an SSD.
Soon i will have to buy more HDD, because the ones i have are almost full.

Anyone here has an AMD A8 7600 has HTPC/NAS that can tell me how much it draws from the wall? I would prefer the A8 because motherboards have more SATA ports. AM1 platform has a maximum of 4 SATA ports.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance and sorry about my English.
It's hard to compare power usage without the exact same usage running the same psu at the exact same voltage and sinus curves from your power outlet. Last but not least the ssd power usage varies from 1 to 7w from model to model so that will also make a big difference.
I can't remember the exact power usage of the 5350 but it runs at very low tdp. I had it running playing 1080p mkv h 264 for an hour and saw a temperature jump from 30c to 40c on the stock cooler completely passively cooled with the stock heatsink@no fan.
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-Athlon-5350-vs-AMD-A8-7600
Yes.. That's why I'm having a hard time choosing whats best.

I think that with AMD 5350 i only have 4 sata ports, so i will need to add a PCI-E controller that will consume more.

That's why i'm thinking in the AMD A8-7600. There are ITX boards with 6 sata and micro-ATX with 8 sata.
That is one of the limits with the am1 socket, you can however ad a pci-e controller and still pay less in total than you would with a fm2/fm2+/1150/am3 itx motherboard.
The a8 packs a lot more power than the athlon so if you're currently on a a8 7600 cpu the athlon 5350 would be a serious step back.
Passmark:
A8 7600: 5254
Athlon 5350: 2615
This does NOT mean that the athlon is weak it just shows that a8 7600 is quite overkill for htpc use.
Currently in my HTPC, I have an Asus E2KMI-Deluxe. It has a AMD E2-2000 that is a Dual Core at 1.75GHZ. So I think that's a big jump to either Athlon 5350 or A8-7600.

The A8-7600 that i currently have, it's not in my HTPC. It's in another PC.
I want to have the flexibility to add more SATA drives, but power consumption is very important. Because the HTPC/NAS is on 24/7.

Are there any PCI-Express with 4 SATAIII ports? I just fund a PCI-E controller with 2 SATAIII ports.
The cheapest i found:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6816124064
You can go way beyond 24 drives on one pci-e card you just have to look. Both amazon and newegg carry a large assortment of raid/sas/sata cards.
Thank you.

I will look into it. I just need 4 additional SATA ports. So the one you suggest should be enough. I will try to find that one in Europe.
If you specify country someone might be able to help you find a store with that product or an equivalent.
Shops that carry what you need(I can personally vouch for all of them):
Norway: komplett.no/dustinhome.no
Sweden: komplett.se/cdon.se
Danmark: komplett.dk
Finland: tietofriikki.fi
Germany: amazon.de
UK: amazon.co.uk
France: amazon.fr
Poland: sklep.hard-pc.pl/
Spain: aussar.es/

For other countries or shops see:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/358998...rts-stores
I'm from Portugal.

But i can check the stores you list and the link you give me.

Thanks in advance.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AMD A8 7600 vs AMD Ahtlon 53500