Increase buffer/cache w/ advanced settings not working?
I am running Gotham 13.2, Win 7 64bit, 8gb of Ram. When using these settings they don't appear to be working. When I pause the video stream, it does not continue to buffer, and I always get the message "Cache fllled before reaching required amount for continuous playback". Does anybody know why this might be happening? Is this a bug w/ Gotham or a problem with the 3rd party video add-on I am using? I have read similar posts about this, but couldn't find a specific answer to my problem. Here is my advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>429496729</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>10</readbufferfactor>
</network>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>
<songinfoduration>0/songinfoduration>
</advancedsettings>
Hey man,

not sure if it works but shouldn't this line look like this:

Code:
<readbufferfactor>10.0</readbufferfactor>
Changing the 10 to 10.0 doesn't change anything. I just tested my settings with some other official XBMC video add-ons, and I'm pretty sure the problem is the 3rd party add-on I'm using. When I press pause with other official add-ons, the video does continue to buffer and plays smoothly. If anyone has experienced this, or has any other suggestions please lmk, any help is always greatly appreciated.
My cache always fills to about the halfway point of what I've set in advancedsettings, on every source. Regardless of the number I set, the on-screen info (pressing 'o' on keyboard) always shows a cache fill to roughly the halfway point. Local video, NAS, Youtube addon, everything.

I only sometimes get the 'cache filled' message when quickly skipping through the file, so it's not a big problem, but still.... it feels as though something is off.
Two questions. 1st. When you watch the cache fill during playback does it show the amount of cache increase. If so is there a specific amount that it always stops buffering at? Also, have you tried lowering the value of 10 for your read buffer. I started with mine at 3 things worked fine. I decided to see if my network could handle higher since reports indicated too high wouldn't cause issues. However I started experiencing playback issues when I set mine at 10.
Yes, but it varies widely based on the video source. Some sources increase to 100% and playback without issue, other sources rise to about 5-7% and never get any higher, then fall to 0% and buffers again. I have tried changing the readbufferfactor value and it doesn't make any difference when I'm watching the codec info.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Increase buffer/cache w/ advanced settings not working?0